At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Engineering designs our next-generation hydrogen electric engines. Working across Hydrogen, Propulsion and Integration divisions, they solve technical problems and help decarbonize aviation by finding solutions for electric propulsion, hydrogen storage, fuel cell technology, power distribution, thermal management and more.Validate design of fuel cells, fuel cell components, or fuel cell systems.
As the Fuel Cell Lead, you will play a critical role in our powertrain development process, focusing on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors. Your expertise will ensure that our solution not only eliminates carbon emissions but also reduces operational costs. Additionally, you will contribute to establishing a new clean aviation ecosystem that encompasses renewable hydrogen production and addresses public perception of safety.Responsibilities
- Lead the design and development of fuel cell systems for our hydrogen-electric aircraft
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate fuel cell systems into the overall powertrain
- Conduct performance analysis and optimization of fuel cell systems
- Oversee the testing and validation of fuel cell components and systems
- Ensure compliance with safety and regulatory requirements in fuel cell design and operation
- Manage relationships with suppliers and contractors for fuel cell components
- Assist in the establishment of a clean aviation ecosystem, including hydrogen production from renewable sources
Diversity and inclusion
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrochemistry, or a related field (master's degree preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing and optimizing fuel cell systems
- Proven track record of successful project management in a fuel cell or hydrogen-related field
- In-depth knowledge of fuel cell design principles and electrochemical processes
- Proficiency in fuel cell modeling and simulation software
- Strong understanding of safety and regulatory requirements in the aviation industry
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and leadership abilities
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds who bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.