An exciting opportunity has arisen for an EV PROJECT MANAGER- to join our busy Head Office in Earls Barton.
The position is a fully employed role with all the benefits such as 28 days holiday, pension scheme, unlimited training opportunities and career development.
You will be required to work 40 hours per week. The position does require you to work weekends, namely Saturday (you will be provided with a day in lieu of your choice). On average you will be required to work 1 in 5 Saturdays.
There is also a shift pattern which varies on a weekly rota basis.
The shift patterns will either be a:
07:00 am till 16:00 pm shift
08:00 am till 17:00 pm shift
09:00 am till 18:00 pm shift
10:00 am till 19:00 pm shift
11:00 am till 20:00 pm shift
Opportunities for overtime at an increased rate are available.
The role requires you to work within the EV Department and Projects Team of a service engineering company. You will be working alongside an established team of project managers, supporting the management of key projects within the business, overseeing the engineering resource of the company. Duties include, but are not limited to contacting customers, making bookings, data input, project management, reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualifications and Hand On Experience within the EV Field
- Previous experience working within an office
- Must be career driven, looking for progression and willing to undertake training
- Able to use Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Flexible / Adaptable / Can do, Will do attitude
- Polite Telephone manner
- Qualified to City & Guilds 2382-22 (Level 3 Award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018)
- Day to day tasks to ensure the smooth running of the office / project
- First point of contact for the business – answering customer enquiries / forwarding suppliers enquiries
- Supporting engineers with technical issues (EV Charger / Installation related)
- Deal with and answer customers queries by telephone, email and letter
- Assist in investigating and solving customers' problems
- Liaise with customers and residents, maintaining good customer relations
- Manage job bookings, arrange appointments
- Engineer management / Schedule engineers bookings and work
- Office administration and paperwork management: filing job sheets, receipts and quality control sheets