Job Description And Qualifications
Job Description Summary
Environmental Supervisor - HIDC
I. POSITION SUMMARY
This position is based at the NEOM HIDC Site, working a 8 x 2-week, rotational assignment.
Reporting directly to the HIDC EH&S Manager / Superintendent, the role of the Environmental Supervisor, is to ensure the implementation of the Construction Environmental Management Plan and undertake field surveillance to ensure adherence to the Plan.
The incumbent is expected to have detailed knowledge of HSE throughout all phases of Construction and Commissioning.
II. NATURE AND SCOPE
The HIDC will comprise a hydrogen electrolysis production unit based on Alkaline Water Electrolysis (AWE), along with the necessary utilities required by these process units and a hydrogen fueling and refilling station.
- Project Location: NEOM Green Hydrogen, Northwest Saudi Arabia, near Duba.
Iii. Principal Accountabilities
This position is accountable for the following:
- Undertake field based environmental audits and inspections, in coordination with the AP Project Compliance Lead.
- Ensure the Contractor is held accountable for following the requirements clearly defined in the Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP).
- Highlight deficiencies within general contractor programs and escalate as appropriate through the EH&S Manager and Site Manager.
- Ensure the Project maintain proper waste manifests and duty of care documents.
- Ensure the Project (AP / Contractor) disposes of all waste in a legal and responsible way via project approved waste treatment facilities.
- Promote an environmental recycling program throughout accountable work area(s).
- Develop and deliver environmental training as required.
- Ensuring specific environmental risk assessments and method statements for all work activities are reviewed and commented on where necessary, prior to commencement of works.
- Ensuring all construction work practices are reviewed and monitored for environmental implications as necessary.
- Ensuring the Project (AP / Contractors) are directed in matters affecting emerging environmental risks.
- Ensuring Environmental information/expertise is provided to the site team when solicited and when not to ensure compliance to all applicable standards (AP / NEOM / NGHC) and local laws.
- Support incident / accident investigations in line with the established site procedures for same and ensuring accurate content and corrective action follow up.
- Actively participating in and leading safety promotion events, competitions, established programs.
- Undertaking environmental Inspections and audits of construction work activities on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis in line with established systems in use on the project and as directed by the Environmental Manager.
- When required or requested, represent the Company in meetings with the Client, interfacing EPC’s, sub-contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Assist the EH&S Manager in ensuring the Project EH&S and Environmental plans are implemented.
- Give input to ensure the accurate completion of the relevant section of the weekly report.
- Support the implementation and ongoing development of Air Products safety program elements, APT (Accident Predictive Technique) SOS, (Safety Outreach System) Safety License, Incentives, Best Known Methods (BKM).
Iv. Minimum Requirements And Qualifications
- Degree qualified
- Diploma in an Environmental subject
- Member of an accredited organization Environmental professionals i.e. IEMA, NAEP
- at least 8 years of experience in oil & gas industry
- Experience in the Middle East and/or North Africa is essential
- Thorough knowledge of international standards for management of Health, Safety, Environment and Risk such as OSHA, NFPA, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- Familiar with all aspects of environmental management in construction & commissioning.
- Being a good team player, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a multifaceted / multinational organizational matrix with a variety of working relationships
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must be an expert with Microsoft office
- Fluent in spoken and written English native speaker proficiency of the language of majority of SUBCONTRACTOR’s workforce
- Willingness to travel and be based in remote location
- Knowledge of environmental legislation within KSA.
- Knowledge and experience of oil & gas, or renewables projects
- Knowledge and experience of EPC management
- Possess driving licence
- Previous exposure to Air Products EH&S standards.
Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / Division
Middle East, Egypt, Turkey (MEET)