Requisition ID: 268815
- Relocation Authorized: International - Camp
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Sharma
Rolling Stock ManagerCompany Overview
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.Project Description
NEOM Project Summary: Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company will provide executive project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial, and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.” NEOM is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of northwestern Saudi Arabia. The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt, Israel, and Jordan. It will cover a total area of 26,500 km2 (10,200 sq. mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea.” NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders, and companies will come to research, incubate, and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways.Major Responsibilities
Skills And Qualifications
- Technical oversight and management of all Rolling Stock relevant Engineering activities so that they result in affordable and meet Programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Ensure that robust safety management process is undertaken within the BEC and subsequent design and delivery contractors and identify any risks in the design of the operational railway.
- Support the specification and review of functions and characteristics of the operational railway identifying the system hazards and system assurance which will need to be addressed.
- Attending BEC and the design and delivery contractors HAZIDs, HAZOPs, IDCs/IDRs, QRAs, etc., sessions with Executive Project Management Engineers in line with the NEOM Projects processes.
- Support the identification of risk and measures including system safety analysis associated with the above HAZIDs, HAZOPs, IDCs/IDRs,
- QRAs and other safety risk assessments and ALARP justification.
- Support the preparation and implementation of system safety assurance documentation and requirements management processes.
- Integrates and coordinates with the various Engineering and Systems Engineering disciplines.
- Oversees all Rolling Stock design and construction technical coordination and interface issues.
- Support the flow down of Rolling Stock requirements along with the review of verification and formalizing information and data received from other entities.
- Providing inputs into the common NEOM Projects risk register and participating in its regular review and during the life of the project.
- Providing advice as required on Rolling Stock and processes pertinent to railway operation.
- Support the System Assurance and Integration Manager in review of system assurance documentation in order that the required Rolling Stock performance can be verified.
- Assist the System Assurance and Integration Manager with the review and acceptance of the design and delivery contractors Safety.
- Cases for the elements, products and systems being delivered. The review and acceptance of the safety cases will take account of the safety argument and the safety evidence put forward incrementally, including supporting safety analyses and other supporting evidence/justifications.
- Support the NEOM Projects Independent Safety Assessor’s (ISA) review & organize the activities for the resolution and closure of observations raised.
- Understand a live operational construction environment with significant safety hazards including moving trains and 25kV Overhead Line Electrification.
- Undertaking reviews of contractor design submittals relating to Rolling Stock.
- Undertaking reviews as required of other contractor technical submittals (including task briefs and work package plans) relating to systems assurance.
- Undertaking reviews of contractor inspection and test plans relating to Rolling Stock.
- Undertaking reviews of contractor handover plans.
Shaping tomorrow together
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in science, engineering from an accredited university or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of 20 years progressive experience in delivering rail projects.
- Experience of the different Rolling Stock for High-Speed Rail, freight and metro railways. Substantial experience in the railway sector, with proven international expertise in the design and delivery of HSR, freight and metro. Rolling Stock for various railway projects and maintenance operations.
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
- Understands the principles of EN 50126 standard.
- Fully knowledgeable and conversant with relevant European, American and international railway codes and standards
- Extensive knowledge of Rolling Stock equipment, systems and processes, Rolling Stock design, testing & commissioning, and handover procedures.
- Extensive experience in expertise and specifications as required in support of the definition of rolling stock servicing and maintenance facilities, processes, and procedures.
- Understanding of the configuration, compatibility, maintainability, and accommodation demands of various on-board signaling equipment.
- Full understanding and experience in Hazard Study and rail car fire safety assessments.
- Experience of Stress Analysis/FEA.
- Knowledge of Interface Management and the management of interfaces between Rolling Stock and other system elements such as track, signaling and communications.
- A professional license from a recognized licensing or registration board.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (oral and written).
- Willingness to relocate to the job site in Saudi Arabia.
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with the laws of Saudi Arabia, Bechtel has adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for all work locations in the country. These requirements may include vaccination and testing. Any and all offers of employment with Bechtel in Saudi Arabia are expressly conditioned upon the applicant’s willingness and ability to comply with all COVID-19 related safety laws and Bechtel protocols in place at the time of a candidate’s start date. A candidate’s failure or refusal to comply with such laws and protocols renders an issued offer null and void.
This requirement cannot be waived by a recruiter, manager, or supervisor. Your submission of an application for employment with Bechtel in Saudi Arabia constitutes your understanding and acknowledgment of this express condition.