Imperial Professionals are delighted to announce that we are working exclusively on behalf of a long established heavy engineering organisation to recruit a Mechanical Maintenance Technician on a permanent basis.
POSITION: Mechanical Maintenance Technician
LENGTH OF CONTRACT: Permanent
SHIFTS: Two shift pattern (Days & Evenings) - 37 hours pw
Working as part of a small maintenance team, across two shifts, you will be responsible for the day to day maintenance of the plant, and machinery onsite.
Duties will include preventative maintenance, attending breakdowns and service and repair work.
You should be familiar with working within an industrial manufacturing environment and be prepared to work overtime and occasional weekends when required.
Knowledge of overhead cranes, shot blasts, CNC and Plasma machines would be beneficial within this role.
DUTIES ARE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Use appropriate safety equipment and techniques to adhere to company procedures.
- Maintain working areas in accordance with 5S.
- Work alongside external contractors during the completion of routine servicing and repairs.
- Diagnose faults and instigate repairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties on a range of equipment including overhead cranes, CNC machines and shot blasts.
- Work alongside section team leaders to identify concerns and rectify machine problems.
- Assist with the safe decommissioning of old plant/equipment and the safe installation/commissioning of new.
- Mentor department trainees/apprentices.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL HAVE:
- Apprentice Trained
- Mechanically Qualified - City and Guilds or Equivalent Level 3
- HNC (preferred but not essential)
- MEWP licence (preferred but will be provided)
- Pro-active attitude
- Hydraulic systems
- Pneumatic systems
- Overhead cranes
For more information on this opportunity please feel free to contact Adam Pearson at Imperial Professionals