The Commodities Markets and Finance Data Science desk works with trading, sales and desk analysts to provide data and analytics solutions across our commodities business lines.
At Macquarie, we are working to create lasting value for our communities, our clients and our people. We are a global financial services group operating in 34 markets and with 54 years of unbroken profitability. You’ll be part of a supportive team where everyone - no matter what role - contributes ideas and drive outcomes.What role will you play?
You will be responsible for assisting with identifying and validating potential business use cases across our business lines such as power, gas, metals, carbon and agriculture products and implementing advanced analytics solutions to realise real business value. You will also be developing approaches to scalability and governance of advanced analytics/ machine learning solutions and providing input into data analytics platform development.What You Offer
- Bachelor's degree qualification in a quantitative and problem-solving discipline with strong academic performance
- Experience working in a data analytics/ data science role
- Strong python development skills
- Familiarity with data analytics platforms such as Dataiku, data visualisation platforms such as PowerBI or Spotfire and cloud computing, such as AWS or GCP, is highly beneficial
- Familiarity with a commodity trading environment and associated language and terminology would be advantageous.
We love hearing from anyone inspired to build a better future with us, if you're excited about the role or working at Macquarie we encourage you to apply.Benefits
Macquarie employees can access a wide range of benefits which, depending on eligibility criteria and location, include:
About Commodities And Global Markets
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- One wellbeing leave day per year and minimum 25 days of annual leave.
- Primary carers are eligible for minimum 20 weeks paid leave and minimum 6 weeks for secondary carer
- Paid volunteer leave and donation matching
- Range of benefits to support your physical, psychological and financial wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Program
- Recognition and service awards.
In Commodities and Global Markets you will be part of a global business offering capital and financing, risk management, market access, physical execution and logistics solutions to its diverse client base. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.About Macquarie
A career at Macquarie means you’ll have the opportunity to develop new skills, explore interesting fields and do challenging work that will impact the lives of people around the world—whether it’s accelerating the green energy transition, helping sustain global food supplies, financing social housing projects or investing in essential infrastructure. At Macquarie, we’re empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future.
Macquarie is a global financial group providing clients with asset management, retail and business banking, wealth management, leasing and asset financing, market access, commodity trading, renewables development, specialist advisory, capital raising and principal investment.
Find out more at www.macquarie.com/careersJob no:
Permanent - Full timeLocation:
Mid-senior, Mid-level, CommoditiesGroup:
Commodities and Global MarketsDivision:
Commodity Markets and FinanceRecruiter:
Arif KhanOpening Date: