Solar PV Design Engineer required for our client, to join their team within this fast-growing sector of the market. The candidate must be a self-starter with a professional attitude who relishes achieving great results.
The work will vary, but will include being responsible for the bespoke design of Solar PV Systems, Battery and basic BMS. Design work will include both the commercial and domestic sector, rooftop and ground mount.Solar PV Design Engineer Position Overview
Solar PV Design Engineer Position Requirements
- Responsible for designing quality electrical designs for the Solar PV systems we install, from feasibility to the handover/completion.
- Submission of DNO applications, design queries and provision of compliant design solutions.
- Work as part of a team with other technical designers, project manager's and sales consultant's, to create a cost-effective detailed technical design to meet the specification.
- Lead design meeting to establish the brief, budgets and project requirements in collaboration with the electrical site supervisor and project manager.
- Provide guidance to any Solar PV technical queries that arise in the business (EG: from the service department and client.)
- Always look to improve efficiency and reliability by, for example, looking to develop standard, reusable design patterns.
- Provide guidance to Junior Engineers.
- Continually keeping up to date with relevant technologies in order to provide advice to the company on technology choices.
- Support the design of mechanical systems/equipment to provide for a useful and safe workplace.
Solar PV Design Engineer Position Remuneration
- Qualified in Electrical Engineering at degree level or equivalent.
- Knowledge of CAD, Revit and Microsoft Office- SEE Electrics preferable.
- Knowledge on Electrical regulations, 18th Edition, Cable Calculations.
- Knowledge of PV design software (PVSol, PV Syst etc)
- Full driver's license.
- Passionate about renewables.
- £35,000 - £45,000 DOE
- Generous holiday allowance with the office being shut between Christmas and New Year.
- All statutory bank holiday's off.
- Discretionary bonus system.
- Monday - Thursday - 8am - 5pm or 8:30am - 5:30pm
- Friday - 8am - 3pm or 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Pension contribution.
- Life Assurance Insurance.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Long service awards.
- Employee events.
- Market leader in renewable energy: one of the UK's most experienced consultants, designers, suppliers, installers and maintainers of renewable energy systems.
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.