Join us in the Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering team. We maintain and optimize technologies in the Global Amazon Warehouse & Delivery Network.Purpose Of The Job
We are looking for motivated, customer-focused people who want to join our team as a Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician.
The focus of the Reliability Maintenance Engineering Technician role is to ensure safety regulations and policies are adhered to, to ensure preventative maintenance is conducted on time to a high standard and to provide high levels of equipment availability through continuous improvement.
Shift Pattern: This role includes working in non-traditional shift pattern, which may include nights and weekendsKey Job Responsibilities
- Put health & safety best practices first in all work carried out ensuring compliance with all health & safety standards and regulations.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the full range of equipment within the site.
- React quickly to breakdowns, communicate clearly with affected parties and work efficiently to fix the issue.
- Support continuous improvement by learning from breakdowns and sending feedback and suggestions for improvements through the line manager.
- Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers.
- Support and learn from Senior Reliability Engineering Technicians.
- Management of contractors.
- Carry out compliance tasks in line with country legislation that do not require specialist intervention.
- On-site support and responsibility for management and escalation of high severity tickets.
- Management of escalations to specialist subcontractors where required.
- Engineering tasks qualified as basic, standard, advanced and expert (Levels 1-4) Responsibility is for levels 1-3 for reactive and planned tasks and Level 4 is when specialist is required.
- Control and management of cleaning and waste companies.
- Carry out scheduled/ad hoc audits using online tools (iAuditor, EAM).
- Management of critical spare parts inventory utilizing CMMS system (EAM).
- Work in a hands-on manner and demonstrate required knowledge on all Material Handling Equipment in the building.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Warrington, GBRBasic Qualifications
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and/or qualified to a NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems.
- Experience fault finding within MHE (Material Handling Equipment)/Automation systems.
- Experience in interpreting both mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Experience of conveyor maintenance, motor controllers/inverters.
- Apprentice Trained, HNC, HND, BSc, BEng
- Experience of high voltage switching.
- Experience of sortation machines.
- Experience of maintaining/configuring bar code scanners.
- Experience of print and apply machines.
- Experience in fault finding on building equipment i.e HVAC, Dock Doors, plumbing and general building maintenance tasks.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT.