About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY)
is a global materials science and digital identification solutions company that provides branding and information labeling solutions, including pressure-sensitive materials, radio-frequency identification (RFID) inlays and tags, and a variety of converted products and solutions. The company designs and manufactures a wide range of labeling and functional materials that enhance branded packaging, carry or display information that connects the physical and the digital, and improve customers’ product performance. The company serves an array of industries worldwide, including home and personal care, apparel, e-commerce, logistics, food and grocery, pharmaceuticals and automotive. The company employs approximately 36,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2022 were $9.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.Avery Dennison is an equal opportunity employer.
Electrical Shift Maintenance Technician- Permanent
£37,000 per year + 25% shift allowanceHours:
39 hours per week - 12 hour shift pattern
Week 1 - Nights x 2 / Days x 3 (Weekend)
Week 2 - Nights x 2
Week 3 - Days x 2 / Nights x 3 (Weekend)
Week 4 - Days x 2
10 Days off - Friday to Sunday - Cycle starts again from week 1
This role is subject to right-to-work checks as per UK Employment Law.
- 2 extra days holiday a year to take when required
What we can offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus usual bank holidays (or equivalent shifts)
- 3% bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension with up to 10% Employer contributions
- Life assurance 4 x basic salary
- Employee Assistance scheme including life & legal advice.
- Free on-site Parking
- Subsidised Hot/cold food Canteen
- Structured learning and development / Mentoring program
- International environment
- Events such as International Women’s Day, Earth Day, etc.
- A growing, and welcoming team with a good spirit!
Based within the Maintenance Engineering function of the Cramlington facility, the candidate will be responsible for supporting the Operations Department, ensuring that all plant and equipment perform to the desired Safety, Quality, and Rate. In a shift-based role, they will also be required to perform maintenance activities and assist in the completion of projects. They should have a strong bias toward Electrical PLC skills.Key tasks & responsibilities:
- Working autonomously with dayshift support – Dayshift Technicians and Mechanical Fitters
- Undertaking reactive breakdown diagnosis and repair
- Undertaking planned preventative maintenance activities as per maintenance schedules
- Based on a continental shift pattern – single point of contact for all Maintenance related plant and equipment issues
- Involvement in project work including installation and commissioning of new equipment, machine modifications, improvement works, etc
- Generating and implementing continuous improvement ideas
- Involvement in Lean/Six Sigma continuous improvement projects
- Maintaining equipment logs and shift handovers
- Working with the computerised maintenance management system and maintenance of work records
- Working under pressure and often on their own
- Working with sub-contractors
- Permit to Work System
- Safe Isolation of plant and equipment being worked on
- Health and Safety focused
- Time served Electrically biased Technician
- Experience in PLC’s HMI/MMI, particularly Allen Bradley with a strong ability to interrogate PLC coding
- Experience in AC and DC variable speed drives
- Experience in working in Hazardous areas is preferable
- Flexible approach
- Positive attitude
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ideally a minimum of an HNC (or equivalent) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
At Avery Dennison we are committed to fostering an environment of inclusion as an integral part of the employee experience.
We're committed to workplace diversity because it’s the right thing to do – both for employees and for the business. We create a more inclusive workplace where every employee has an opportunity to be and do their very best.
So whatever your race, sexuality, disability, religion, gender or even non-gender, we recognise and celebrate your differences.
Every voice. Every day