RECRUITMENTiQ is working in partnership with a business that provides secure, resilient networks and managed IT solutions where high performance is critical.Are you passionate about technology? Are you the friend that everyone goes to for help when their tech isnt working? Are you eager to learn more and want to work with a friendly bunch of people? Whether you are in IT already, or looking for a career change, this could be your next move. What we do:
We make good businesses great by providing excellent, reliable IT. Who are our clients?
Most of our customer are police forces and renewable energy companies like wind farms. We support their IT so they can keep the UK safe - more detail can be found on our website.About the role
We are on the hunt for an Entry Level Technical Engineer to join our super skilled Engineering team, based out of our Steeton office. Supporting senior engineers you will learn the ropes and be exposed to project and support work. This is the perfect role for someone who wants to get stuck in to a technical role and progress. Your day-to-day work will primarily be spent configuring, troubleshooting and building devices such as routers, firewalls, racking, CCTV & ANPR cameras. You wont always be in the office though as this role will require visits to customer sites with senior engineers to install the equipment you have helped to configure. Part of your role will be working with the Projects Team to help keep track of kit for projects needed within the Engineering Team. There will be opportunities for training and career progression. Required Skills
- Happy to talk to people, to ask questions, to speak comfortably with colleagues and customers.
- Basic IT skills, computer literate.
- Wants to fix problems, curious as to how things work.
- Cares about quality.
- Takes initiative to create documentation How to guides for example so the next person can learn.
- Able to follow a process and when there isnt one, feel empowered to create one.
- Wants to progress and keep learning.
- Take pride in your workspace.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Security clearance will be required.
- Use of your own vehicle is essential.
You will be required to work in the Steeton office Mon-Fri (37.5 hours per week). Salary - 18000 - 24000.