We’re on a mission to make the switch to sustainable transport and energy faster, easier and more affordable. We use our own technology stack, data smarts and industry knowledge to build a game-changing capability. Our intelligent energy platform helps our customers access renewable energy, understand consumer behaviour, and powers smart charging for EVs.
The worlds of energy and transport are colliding and Ohme is at the heart of this new paradigm. By using technology and data integrations to connect cars, chargers, people, energy providers and more, Ohme has a powerful platform that puts the consumer at the core.
Ohme has been selling its chargers to consumers since 2019 and is on an exponential growth trajectory. We are now operating in multiple countries and have partnerships with the likes of Octopus Energy, Volkswagen UK, Smart Home Charge and other innovative brands.
We are scaling up the business and are building out the team for rapid growth. If you’re interested in joining a fast-growing cleantech venture on a journey to speed up the global transition to clean energy, read on!
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer
to join our team.Requirements
- More than 5 years’ experience of C software development in an embedded environment
- Experience developing low level software on microcontrollers e.g. STM32 and FreeRTOS
- An understanding of Digital Electronics and how to interface hardware with firmware
- Strong experience with electronics, analogue data capture and processing in both the time and frequency domains
- Strong working experience in low level interfaces, particularly CAN
- Working experience in wireless communications, particularly for HTTPS and WebSockets over cellular and WiFi
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of the software development lifecycle from concept, to production, and into maintenance
- Experience of C++ in an embedded environment
- Experience of building test harness applications using Python
- Familiar with writing manual and automated test cases
- Familiar with Agile principles and best practices such as peer review, pair programming etc
You’ll get to work in a fast-paced and rapidly growing scale-up with global ambitions that is cutting edge, passionate about sustainability and seeks to make the world a better place.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Hybrid office / remote-working practices
- Private Health Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan to spread cost of travel over 12 months
- Aegon Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme with death in service benefit of 4x salary
- Income Protection Scheme for long term illness
Ohme is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are at the heart of what we do and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We actively seek out a diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed and to feel included.