Location: Merthyr Tydfil
Salary: £38,500 + 10% Night shift S/A
Shifts: Mon to Thurs (6-2, 2-10, 10-6)
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are looking to recruit an Engineering Technician for a permanent role with our client, a specialist manufacturer based in Merthyr Tydfil.The Role
- You will be responsible for developing and testing solutions to solve technical problems in, manufacturing.
- Operate the designated production department according to plan, and to the overall equipment efficiency, whilst ensuring specified standards of food safety, quality and legality and Health & Safety are kept.
- Duties & responsibilities:
- Operate to the planned preventative maintenance within the department, ensuring that all machinery and ancillary services are covered, report back any failing in this plan to the Engineering Manager or Section manager.
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions to the Engineering Manager or Section Manager.
- Develop, assemble, procure or modify existing and new tooling, fixtures, and equipment to ensure efficient production methods.
- Assist the Engineering Manager or Section Manager with revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures, including writing change orders and deviations.
- Complete time studies to quantify processing times and identify areas for process improvements.
- Assist with hands on training of setter operators and process operators on new products, equipment and process revisions.
- Schedule, complete, and document routine maintenance on applicable manufacturing and test equipment.
- Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to perform testing, build fixtures, checkout and trouble-shoot equipment.
- Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming manufactured product to determine root cause.
- Perform tests, gather data, and write results/reports with assistance from Engineering Manager, utilizing various types of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Work with contractors to prepare project specifications. Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to the Engineering Manager or Section manager.
- Create solutions to complex technical problems in a variety of operations.
- Assist the section manager to carry out risk assessments of Machinery, activities and locations within the department.
- Plan and construct engineering projects, and other structures.
- Estimate engineering costs and specify materials to be used to the Engineering Manager.
- Design, develop, test, and manufacture electrical and electronic equipment such as PLC control, temperature monitoring devices.
- Design, develop, test, and manufacture electronic and computer-controlled mechanical systems.
- Utilize computer-aided design and drafting equipment during design phase.
- Inspect products and processes for flaws and identify areas of improvement.
- ONC/HNC, BTEC lvl3, NVQ lvl3 in an Engineering Discipline
- Experience of high speed, high volume production environment, ideally FMCG / packaging sectors
- Self-driven and pro-active approach
- Able to operate & take decisions independently
- Can-do attitude
- 25 days + bank holidays, Pension, Death in service x 3 annual salary, cycle to work schemeApply Today
Closing date is 15th October 2023
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.