We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Services Technician to join our Project Management team in Aberdeen. This role is split between the office and workshop, ideal for someone looking to retain a technical role within a Project Management environment.
The Projects Services team are responsible for managing overhaul and repair activity relating to critical safety Pressure Control Systems equipment including Blow-Out Preventers (BOPs) and BOP stack equipment used by our customers during drilling operations.
The Services Technician will provide technical direction to the O&R project and workshop teams, acting as a Focal Point to ensure pertinent information is shared quickly and resolving on-site issues as they arise, ensuring the turnaround of our customer's equipment is managed safely and delivered on schedule.
- Provide technical support to both internal and external customers on issues related to O&R
- Act as HMH focal point on site, communicating accurate information in a professional manner.
- Prepare and maintain accurate technical reports for each project
- Maintain regular communication and ensure all pertinent information is fed back to Engineering and Projects team in a timely manner.
- Provide general technical input to vendors/suppliers about HMH equipment operation, maintenance, and repair
- Perform approved level of troubleshooting for issues on site
- Assist in goods inwards of customer owned equipment and spare parts that arrive at vendor facilities for O&R work.
- Assist in witnessing Factory Acceptance Testing of customer owned equipment with external customers and third party inspectors.
- Be responsible for hotel preservation milestones
- Ensure training both internally and externally is completed in a timely manner
- Subscribe to, and comply with, HMH HSSE guidelines, ensuring Just Rules are applied as a minimum standard of working
- Participate in the continuous improvement of processes and procedures relevant to job role
The ideal candidate will:
- hold a recognised qualification in a mechanical discipline
- be competent in reading engineering drawings
- have work experience in a similar environment or have been working with drilling or hydraulic equipment
- Competent in all aspects of pressure testing systems
- Familiar with American Petroleum Institute (API) standards for pressure control and drilling equipment
- Be self-motivated to work on own initiative
- Function effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Strong interpersonal and teamworking skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and Microsoft package skills
- Clear thinker with ability to develop, communicate and deliver clear strategy and action plans