What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
About The Role
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
We have a unique opportunity available for a Maintenance Technician to join our team and be a part of a growing culture working collaboratively with Tesco colleagues utilising core skills and experience to deliver an outstanding service keeping our estate safe, legal and operational.Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and diligence and have these risk responsibilities:
Key People And Teams You Will Be Working With
- Ensuring all Tesco sites are a safe and functioning environment for customers and colleagues.
- Following the planned work schedule to achieve first time fix, improving efficiency and creating outstanding workplaces.
- Delivering high quality work standards across the estate, with year-on-year improvement.
- Presenting and building relationships with collaborators.
- Working closely with team members, sharing standard methodology and knowledge.
- Proactively lead and collaborate with our partners across the business to ensure shared ownership for the delivery of business outcomes and realisation of benefits
- Using problem-solving skills and innovation to identify and develop solutions for key and common issues.
- Drive sophisticated tasks at a local level through to completion/resolution, advising key collaborators through the process, where required.
- Lead your development through progression of the maintenance pathway.
- Drive your own monthly 1-2-1 schedule with your line manager.
- Using mobile devices; phone and tablet, to drive standard process in work completion and updates.
- Use the business systems to support asset lifecycle management.
- Representing the Tesco brand following business ways of working, demonstrating values led behaviours, a positive demeanour & taking pride in wearing the Tesco uniform.
- Attending local and national meetings, providing valuable input and feedback.
- Supporting important metric delivery, through the practical application of skills, and driving achievement of your own set important metrics.
- Deliver to agreed timeline, challenge and course accurate the plan as required.
- Supporting a diverse and inclusive culture.
People, Budgets And Resources Accountable For
- Field maintenance teams
- Retail colleagues
- Delivery leadership team
- Tesco Business Services
- Operating Centre
- Re-use Team
- Maintenance support
- Training and learning partners
- Systems teams and contractors
- Legal compliance & statutory requirements
- Stock & inventory management
- All company issued equipment
You will needOperational Skills
- ONC or equivalent
- Full driving license
- Health & Safety awareness
- Communicating and engaging collaboratively with other members of the team
- Office 365 knowledge
- Completing training and upskilling modules relevant to abilities
- Validated experience in a maintenance, engineering, or construction environment
- Digitally confident; can comfortably operate mobile phone and tablets to view workload, emails, teams, and use of business systems.
- Relevant qualification in working area