We’re the UK's largest ports operator with a network of 21 ports around Britain. We handle around one quarter of the UK's seaborne trade and contribute £7.5 billion to our economy every year.
It’s a story we’re proud of but it doesn’t end there. We’re transforming our business and embracing the future.
We offer a vast range of roles spanning the UK, all rooted in a culture that welcomes diversity, fosters talent, encourages internal movement and progression, and places safety as our number one priority. The Role: Maintenance Technician - Plymouth
To provide a maintenance service, ensuring the smooth running of the port’s facilities and equipment.Responsibilities
- To work in a safe and methodical manner to ABP’s Safe Systems of Work and take an active part in creating risk assessments.
- Complete all mandatory training in-line with the requirements of your role and company policy.
- To carry out inspection, maintenance, fault diagnostics and installation working safely in line with all current legislation and ABP guidelines.
- Understand and work to ABP’s Permit to Work system.
- Ensure all work is completed to appropriate standard in a timely manner.
- Assist Mechanical technicians with maintenance activities on Cranes, RoRo machinery and mobile equipment.
- Maintenance of terminal building facilities, transit sheds, offices.
- Carry out scheduled servicing and report any defects.
- Any other general maintenance requirements as defined by Line Manager
- Co-operate closely with other disciplines and contractors.
- Any other duties required by the Engineering supervisor and Engineering Resources Manager to contribute to the general efficiency of the Port.
You will be a real team player, eager to get stuck into this exciting and fast-paced industry and work hard. The key to success in this role is teamwork, it is essential that you can use your initiative and be proactive.Essential
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience of maintenance tasks in a similar industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team.
- Have a flexible approach to service delivery.
- A desire to help develop the role to best meet the requirements of ABP and customers.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Working at height
- Experience of plumbing, electrical or civils would be desirable
- Working knowledge of engineering/maintenance in a port industry would be desirable
- Comfortable working in a confined space
When joining ABP you will find an environment that is both welcoming and challenging. We reward our employees well and offer a generous remuneration package, employer pension, private health insurance and a range of other benefits.
Please note that ABP undertake random screening for substance abuse and operate a zero-tolerance policy. A medical will be required before starting this position also.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their background, which helps us to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment.