Hexxcell is seeking to fill a full-time position for a talented Applications Engineer to join our small but talented Energy Consulting team. You will be working in cutting-edge digitalisation projects with Blue Chip companies to solve crucial problems involving the analysis of energy and heat transfer systems, supporting them in the Industry 4.0 revolution to a greener and digital future. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with colleagues and clients to develop, apply and deploy advanced mathematical models of industrial processes that drive significant energy efficiency and environmental benefits.
While the energy transition to renewable energy is on its way and has been significantly accelerated by the current pandemic, our life heavily relies on energy, food, materials, chemicals and pharmaceuticals produced by traditional large-scale industries. If we want to make a real impact on the environment and our society, transitioning these industry to a greener future is paramount.
Hexxcell’s mission is to develop and deploy digital technology to enable and accelerate the process industry’s transition to cleaner, more efficient and profitable operations.
We are a fast-growing company based in Hammersmith, London. The company span-out from Imperial College London acquiring technology developed in a large research project which aimed at improving energy efficiency in oil refineries and cutting their greenhouse gas emissions which accounts for 2.5% of global anthropogenic carbon emissions. We are now a team of passionate and dedicated chemical, mechanical and process systems engineers with a knack for data science and software development.
We developed the first Hybrid Digital Twin for industrial thermal systems incorporating physics-based models with Artificial Intelligence which our Blue Chip customers are currently using to assess, predict and improve energy efficiency and sustainability of their production plants. This long-lasting positive impact in our customer’s operations enables them to boosted production, saved millions of USD and cut MMTons of CO2 emissions.
- Support R&D activities by developing and implementing new methodologies and models for the analysis of industrial data
- Use and maintain existing mathematical models and related documentation
- Develop new case studies for different industries to demonstrate and, possibly, expand the capabilities of Hexxcell’s Hybrid-AI digital twins.
- Develop and maintain automated tests of the software.
- Participate in the development of Hexxcell’s software technology.
- Create and deliver reports, technical papers and presentation materials.
- Travel to technical and commercial conferences to deliver presentations and support business development activities.
- PhD degree in Process Systems, Chemical or Mechanical engineering
- Experience in developing first-principles dynamic models
- Experience with numerical methods and optimisation algorithms
- Three years’ experience of programming languages (e.g. R, Python)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently
- International travel to attend technical meetings and conferences may be required
- Three years of relevant work experience (or research experience at postdoctoral level)
- Understanding of heat transfer and heat transfer systems
- Fundamental knowledge of heat exchanger fouling
- Experience in heat exchanger design
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and engineering software