Enzen is a global knowledge enterprise that focuses on gaining, refining and sharing expertise in the energy and utility sector. It provides strategic advisory and delivery of outcome-driven solutions to leading businesses, governments, non-governmental organisations and not-for-profit organisations.
We work with customers across the value chain to deliver sustainable and lasting improvements to their efficiency and performance, adding value to their bottom line. Enzen is unique in providing a wide range of strategic advisory, engineering services and solutions end-to-end for the power, water, gas and renewable energy sectors, supported by our specialised Centres of Excellence.
Founded in 2006, the business has since grown and developed across the globe, with a presence in Australia, India, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, the UK and USA.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Cloud Centre of Excellence (CoE) to lead our Cloud Engineering capability. You will play a critical, customer-facing role across the full engagement lifecycle, designing and delivering of leading-edge cloud solutions to help our customers transform their business through Cloud, to deliver regulatory targets in support of the energy transition.
The role will bring senior experience in Cloud Platforms & Engineering as well as Cloud Apps & Cloud Native Architectures.
This Solution Area experience, coupled with experience of Agile methodologies and relevant tools, will position the Cloud Engineering Leader at the centre of winning and delivering leading cloud solutions, aligned with our customers' strategic goals and industry best practices.
The successful candidate will be equally capable of articulating Enzen Cloud Engineering capability in terms of business value as well as in technical depth. The role would have a People Leadership dimension and the successful individual will be able to demonstrate people leadership experience and acumen and the ability to create a high-performing team
While we remain technology and product agnostic, our preference is that candidates have strong Microsoft relevant experience.
The role will report to the UK Cloud CoE Leader and will be primarily responsible for:
- Owning the Cloud Engineering Solution Area within the Cloud CoE, influencing strategic direction and building capability and credibility.
- Solution Area Revenue and Order attainment through customer-facing, solution consulting, technical pre-sales and delivery assurance.
- Own the technical solution for bid responses, key deals and delivery engagements, leading to new business and revenue attainment for the respective Solution Area.
- Defining and creating repeatable solutions and associated Reference Architectures and IP for scale adoption of solutions and best practices.
- Leading and/or contributing to relevant Partner relationships.
- Developing others, through technical leadership and mentorship
- Advocating for cloud-native best practices and staying abreast of the latest advancements in the cloud ecosystem.
- Senior experience across the full lifecycle of customer engagement from bid response, to pre-sales, to delivery.
- Proven experience in Cloud Platforms & Engineering and Cloud Apps.
- Proven experience at a Solutions Architect level with a focus on Microsoft Azure cloud services, cloud-native architecture, automation, monitoring, operations and associated tools, including e.g. Kubernetes, ADO, Jenkins, Terraform, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Proficiency in Agile methodologies, DevOps practices and experience of Agile project management tools, including e.g. Jira, Azure Boards or Kanban.
- Familiarity with cloud security best practices, identity management, and data protection.
- Ownership and development of of Reference Architectures and other reference solution IP.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with senior customers and internally across all levels of the organisation.
- Problem-solving and analytical mindset with the ability to present complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience of the Energy & Utilities sector in a similar role.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Microsoft Azure certifications are highly desirable.