Mantis Energy are a Low Energy Building Design consultancy with a variety of exciting projects across the UK ranging from high end homes to region wide public sector projects working from our two offices based in Wilmslow, South Manchester.
You could join our team at a significant time of growth and be involved in one of the fastest growing industries in the building sector. Our work is meaningful, and we aim to make a key difference in the government’s target to become carbon neutral by 2050 and Manchester by 2038.
We are recruiting a knowledgeable Energy Consultant with relevant experience to join our vibrant friendly team.
For the right candidate there are fantastic opportunities to progress and grow in your career with the company. Therefore, we are looking for candidates who want to settle in and get stuck into their role for the long term.
Mantis Energy Offer a full benefits package for all staff which includes:
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Simply Health Plan: Level 3 (Worth up to £2,275 Per Annum)
- Company funded social calendar including 2 Lunches out per month and 1 Team night out with event, drinks & dinner every 2 months
- Holiday buy and sell scheme
- 4% Pension contribution
We are offering the right candidate:
- Up to £30,000 - £35,000 p.a (DOE)
- 1 WFH day per week
- 28 days holiday (Plus bank holidays)
- Ongoing training and personal development plan
Some of your duties will include;
- Undertaking heat loss and energy use studies based on architects’ drawings
- Completing fabric, mechanical, electrical and renewable energy feasibility studies
- Managing working relationships with architects and individual clients
- Carrying out existing and newbuild energy calculations (SAP, SBEM)
- Planning & supervising new building and existing building retrofit installations
- Attending site surveys to gather data, document work progress and write reports
- Assessing buildings for low carbon technologies (Solar PV, Heat Pumps, Batteries, EV Charging Stations, etc.)
The candidate must have the following;
- Sustainability or Engineering related degree
- Full clean driving license (Able to travel to sites)
- Technical math skills
- At least one of the following qualifications – OCDEA, PAS 2035 Retrofit Co-Ordinator, NDEA L3 & L4, PassivHaus qualified, ATTMA Air test qualification L1 as minimum