JPMorgan Chase& Co. has expanded its consumer business and we have launched a new digital retail bank in the UK. We are offering consumers a completely new banking experience. Under the Chase brand, the bank provides products and features tailored to meet the needs of customers in the UK, made available via an innovative mobile app.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in a true agile environment who want to be a part of something new, built from the ground up as a green-field with zero legacy initiative within a global, diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a direct impact to our customers as our business expands around the world.
This is a hands-on data scientist role, where a candidate is expected to take on projects and to work on them end-to-end. In this role candidate is expected to demonstrate both technical excellence (i.e., building state-of-the art machine learning models), as well as show business acumen and interact with the stakeholders (e.g., Marketing, Customer Service, Finance, etc.), present results to the senior leadership and manage their expectations. Below are a few concrete projects that candidates could be working on:
Key Responsibilities Will Include
- Creating a segmentation of customers that is predictive for given business key performance indicator (KPI),
- Optimizing marketing spend for better reach, conversion rates,
- Building predictive transition models that can provide insights about customer’s behaviour in the future.
Your Capabilities / Person Requirements
- Interact with stakeholders to understand key issues and gather requirements.
- Build statistical concepts and form scientific insights to help promote informed actions across leadership teams.
- Compile and analyse statistical data and use that information to support recommendations for actions and decisions.
- Build state-of-the-art machine learning models and deploy these models following all relevant processes and governance.
- Present results to senior leadership and manage expectations.
- MSc or PhD in a computer science or STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) related field or the foreign equivalent
- Evidence of real-life experience with end-to-end machine learning projects
- Statistics and Machine Learning
- In-depth knowledge of statistics and machine learning (required: supervised and unsupervised learning)
- Understanding of current challenges surrounding artificial intelligence: A.I. ethics, fairness, data leakage, model drift, etc.
- Reinforcement learning (including multi-armed bandits)
- Multi-task learning
- Transfer learning
- Semi-supervised learning
- Experience using Python and related libraries (required: TensorFlow; desired: PyTorch, TF probability, GPFlow)
- Understanding of distributed systems and cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of data streaming and messaging frameworks (Kafka, Spark Structured Streaming, Flink, etc.)
- Experience with SQL (any dialect)
- Experience with containers and container-based deployment environment (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Soft Skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns that lead to high-quality maintainable solutions.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, agile environment within a geographically distributed team
- Ability to focus on promptly addressing customer needs
- Ability to work within a diverse and inclusive team
- Technically curious, self-motivated, versatile and solution oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.About The Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.