JPMorgan Chase& Co. has expanded its consumer business and we have launched a new digital retail bank in the UK. We are offering consumers a completely new banking experience. Under the Chase brand, the bank provides products and features tailored to meet the needs of customers in the UK, made available via an innovative mobile app.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in a true agile environment who want to be a part of something new, built from the ground up as a green-field with zero legacy initiative within a global, diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a direct impact to our customers as our business expands around the world.
Data Owner – Data& Analytics Platform
Key Responsibilities Will Include
Your Capabilities / Person Requirements
- Own and manage the data governance processes for the data& analytics platform.
- Ensure sourcing, creation, processing and sharing of data in the data& analytics platform is in accordance with data use approval and elevated conditions of use are being adhered to, where applicable.
- Ensure quality of data (provided, transformed or consumed) in the data& analytics platform is accessed, issues identified and resolved as per firmwide data quality issue management procedure.
- Ensure business& technical metadata of the data& analytics platform is recorded along with flow of data (where does the data come from / go to) in a manner that is easy to understand by data consumers.
- Review data risk metrics for the data& analytics platform and ensure resolution of threshold breaches, if any.
- Ensure data within the data& analytics platform has assigned retention periods and is destroyed at the end of it.
- Ensure data in the data& analytics platform has confidentiality classification levels and data protection classifiers assigned enabling access management.
- Flexible to work as an individual contributor as well as a team leader.
- Self-starter with problem solving skills, comfortable in making logical decisions when faced with ambiguous requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to communicate effectively with business as well as technical stakeholders.
- Exceptional presentation and influencing skills to facilitate presentations and discussions with business and functional leaders.
- Experienced in leading end to end data management of data warehouse/ data lake.
- Implementation knowledge of data retention and destruction solutions, building business glossaries and data dictionaries, documenting lineage and access management solutions.
- Must be able to translate privacy, compliance and legal requirements into data governance processes, procedures and controls.
- Should have knowledge of data lake and data warehouse architectures and data management best practices.
- Should be able to perform data analysis using SQL.
JPMorgan Chase& Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.About The Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.