Your new role At NewDay
This position needs someone with energy and passion to complement our existing development team, to contribute to our existing projects as well as work on strategic new projects. In this role you must have a desire to deliver high quality output within challenging timeline. The ability to hit the deck running and make valuable contributions quickly will be critical.0-12 months you’ll deliver
What You’ll Bring
- Hands on development on Nexus Platform
- Monitoring daily BAU data pipelines and ensure our data solution is refreshed up to date every day
- Enhance the daily BAU process. Making it easier to monitor and less likely to fail and hands on development on Data Lake build, change and defect fix
- Building new data pipelines using existing frameworks and patterns
- Working with the team within an Agile framework using agile methodology tooling that controls our development and CI/CD release processes
- Contributing to the new Data Lake technology across the organisation to address a broad set of use cases across data science and data warehousing
And would love you to know or learn:
- We need knowledge, experience + expertise in:
- Experience with data solution BAU processes (ETL, table refresh etc.)
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
- Experience in Big Data data integration technologies such as Spark, Scala, Kafka
- Experience in programming language such as Python or Scala.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, applied to data solution
- Experience of CI/CD
- Good aptitude in multi-threading and concurrency concepts
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting language
- Experience of ETL technologies
- AWS exposure (Athena, Glue, EMR, Step functions)
- Experience of Snowflake and DBT
- Experience with data solution BAU processes (ETL, table refresh etc
- Previous proficiency with ETL technologies (e.g. Talend, Informatica, Abinitio)
- Previous exposure to Python
- Previous exposure to own data solution BAU monitoring and enhancement
- Exposure to building applications for a cloud environment
We help people move forward with credit,
and help our colleagues to move their careers forward too.
We use our highly flexible, scalable, and multi-product digital credit engine to power over 120 million transactions every year. Our brands include Aqua, marbles, fluid and Bip. We partner with leading brands such as John Lewis, AO, Argos and DEKO.
Over 5 million UK customers are supported by our award-winning customer service.
At NewDay, we value all types of diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer and believe that our differences create a vibrant, authentic working culture. We want all our colleagues to feel able to bring their whole selves to work. We don’t discriminate on the basis of age, physical or mental disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and carer status, race (including colour, nationality, and ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We make sure that every job is crafted to be inclusive and that people with disabilities or caring responsibilities can take part in the application and interview process. Tell us if you need accommodations: we’ll put reasonable adjustments in place to support you.Our dynamic NewDay culture
We’re focused on what will drive impact in helping people move forward with credit. Our distinctive culture is geared to spark innovation and team working – with lots of open doors for development. Our customers can rely on us because we aim high, support each other, do the right thing and build for the future.
We invest in our colleagues. On top of a strong market competitive salary, you get a bonus opportunity that matches the impact (delivery + values) you drive in your role. We also help you retire better with market leading pensions.
At NewDay, #yourwellbeing matters: You get 26 days holiday and can buy up to 5 more after probation. Then you’ll get extra days as you build your career with us.
NewWork, our flexible, hybrid working approach, helps you to manage your work/life balance - and even bolt on work time in other countries before or after your holiday. And when you’re in the office, you get free healthy breakfast, fresh juices, lunch, barista coffee etc
Our tax efficient green car and cycle to work schemes save you money (and help the planet).
Ask your Talent Acquisition Partner to tell you more about any of our perks.Where next?
We work with Textio to make our job design and hiring inclusive
In the NewDay Tech team, you’ll join an Expert or Leader career pathway. This will guide you on what your next step here could look like, with regular and open feedback to help you build capabilities to move forward.
Let’s talk about this role – contact firstname.lastname@example.org