We have some exciting opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team in the Midlands, UK!
- Fast track your skills with exposure to technical challenges
- Exciting and challenging position with great long-term career potential
- Join one of the fastest growing industries on the planet
Founded in 2001, Tritium (NASDAQ: DCFC) designs and manufactures proprietary hardware and software to create advanced and reliable DC fast chargers for electric vehicles. Tritium’s compact and robust chargers are designed to look great on Main Street and thrive in harsh conditions, through technology engineered to be easy to install, own, and use. Tritium is focused on continuous innovation in support of our customers around the world.
About the role
This position reports directly to the Technical Support Engineering Team Lead and is based in the Midlands. The role is responsible for providing Global support to Tritium’s Service Level Agreement (SLA).
Customer and product users. You will be required to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues in a timely manner, which at times may require travel for on-site support. You will assist with on-site installations, repairs, testing and commissioning whilst building ongoing relationships with customers. It is expected that you will be a team player who can work collaboratively within a SLA team and a strong Field Services Team, or autonomously as required.
Key responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Support customers globally through phone and online systems in a timely manner
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information, and guidance
- Identify product improvements and process improvements
- Perform in-house or on-site repairs onto the products
- Manage customer issues in a timely manner
- Help drive quick response times globally
- Reporting and assisting in creating technical documents
- Continuous monitoring of Tritium charger network using web portal
- Be an active participant of the local and global on call roster
Qualifications and Competencies
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field experience
- Understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Experience with general electronics design and familiarity with processor-controlled devices.
- Ability to read and understand electrical / electronic schematics
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal Flexibility for travel as required to provide on-site installation coordination, test &
- commissioning's and technical support, with short reaction time
- Ability to work reasonable overtime if required Available to work on a roster that covers some weekends
- Fluent French Speaking
- Surface Mount Technology experience in manufacturing. Understanding of Failure Mode and
- Effects Analysis, Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis and electromagnetic compatibility
- Experience with Linux environments Understanding of OCPP protocol, programming, integration and debugging as value added.
- Experience working with LV mains to 480VAC and DC systems up to 1000V Having a full or restricted electrical license would be desirable
Join a fast-paced and dynamic business in green tech. We want to change the world for the better and we work hard to do it every day. Tritium offers competitive salaries, free EV charging at available offices, and a diverse range of learning opportunities and career paths.
Tritium is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require an adjustment to the recruitment process, just ask.