VEV are experts in the electrification of fleets. We help our customers in their energy transition journey by providing turn-key solutions including vehicles, charging infrastructure and energy. The EV Engineer is a critical role in our delivery of projects, on-site repairs, commissioning and customer support. Based remotely with frequent visits to our central office locations as well as customer sites, this person will be the face of VEV representing our brand to customers. You will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of our electric vehicle charging infrastructure and the electrification solutions that we install. This role will suit individuals who are driven by delivering 1st class service delivery to external as well as internal customers, with a positive can-do attitude.
Role and responsibilities:
- Complete site surveys, ensuring accurate reports are communicated back to the team efficiently.
- Oversee and guide the installation of electrical systems, ensuring adherence to safety standards and local regulations.
- Commissioning engineer at site, representing VEV operations to enable chargers, solar PV and BESS systems.
- Conduct electrical system assessments, feasibility studies, and technical evaluations to identify and address potential challenges or risks.
- Define charger testing procedures, ensure new and current products are real-world tested for the environments that they will be used in.
- Respond to service fault callouts across all equipment types as the face of VEV to the customer, providing reactive fault resolution with proactive outcomes for the customer.
- Create and implement a proactive maintenance programme based upon fault monitoring and hardware reliability metrics, to ensure optimum charger uptime of our equipment.
- Provide technical support assistance to colleagues and customers, both in a reactive fault setting as well as part of product and project development.
- Assist with the procurement process for electrical components and equipment, ensuring quality, cost-effectiveness, and timely delivery.
- Recommend technical improvements and product direction on behalf of the operations team based upon real-world experience and fault performance data.
- Produce fault MI for customer performance reviews.
- Production of VEV hardware training manuals for customer handover and colleague support.
- Training and support of our care team for delivery of L1 to L3 support.
- Play a significant role in electrical and construction documentation.
Roles and qualifications required:
- City and Guilds 2330 Level 3 or equivalent.
- 18th Edition trained or suitable equivalent.
- NVQ Level 3.
- C&G 2921 (EV Charging), C&G 2391 & 2391 (T&I), C&G 2399 (Solar PV) desired.
- Experience in grid connection, electrical infrastructure design, and integration of renewable systems desired.
- Working in the EV, BESS and Solar industry is desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot electrical issues effectively.
- Safety focused, promoting the care of our customer and colleagues' welfare as a standard.
- Excellent project management abilities to be able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge of sustainable energy practices and emerging technologies.
- A flexible willingness to travel across the UK and Europe as required.