Grant Westfield is the leading UK industry designer and manufacturer of high-end panelling solutions and home to the UK's leading bathroom panel brand, "Multipanel". With over 100 years of experience, Grant Westfield manufactures more than 8,000 panels a week for distribution throughout the UK and Northern Europe via Merchants, Bathroom Showrooms, and leading online e-tailers. Multipanel offers customers a smart alternative to tiles for beautiful bathrooms and showers, with grout-free and stunning decors that make it the panel of choice for independent installers, commercial contractors, new home builders, and housing associations.
This is a full-time on-site role in Edinburgh as a Quality Engineer at Grant Westfield. As Quality Engineer you will lead continuous improvement projects within the manufacturing facility, monitoring and analysing quality performance ensuring procedures and specifications are met. You will also audit performance against the Quality Management System and drive corrective action.
Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support certification of the Quality Management System to ISO9001:2015
- Monitor and report performance against quality objectives.
- Maintain ISO9001:2015 audit schedule and undertake internal audits.
- From internal audits, drive corrective actions to completion to continually improve processes.
- Analyse process performance using appropriate data mining and statistical analysis methods and utilise these to support improvement activity.
- Support Production team - Identify opportunities for process improvement, lead improvement project, measure and validate the improvements and feedback.
- Organise and / or deliver QA related training as required and measure effectiveness.
- Manage internal Document Control process for release of all documents
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a process or manufacturing role
- Demonstrable practical experience in QMS auditing
- Demonstrable experience of leading CI projects
- Competent in document control, training, and internal audit requirements of ISO9001:2015
- Able to address non-conformance by structured problem solving (rapid problem solving, 8D or similar)
- Skilled In interrogating processes by statistical methods and presenting results in clear and concise presentations.
- Able to draw appropriate conclusions from data and prioritize action accordingly.
- Able to present and communicate effectively at all levels in the Business.
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Able to easily form strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Confident to lead, challenge and influence continuous improvement activities
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with determination to achieve deadlines
- Ability to cope with a demanding workload, and conflicting priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong IT skills, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with ERP systems (ideally Epicor)
- Practical and engaging professional.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Lean / six sigma experience to green belt level
- Familiarity using an eQMS (Q-Pulse desirable)
- Educated to degree level or an equivalent appropriate professional qualification.
- ISO9001:2015 internal auditor certification