Flexible working available, including hybrid working, 3 days on-site, 2 days remote. And flexi-time with variable start/finish times and the ability to build up 1 day of flexi-leave a month.
There is free on-site parking and access to an EV charger! We have placed dozens of people in the business and can personally vouch for their reputation as a stable, fair, considerate employer with a friendly culture.
The hiring company is a global, award-winning manufacturer with four international subsidiaries and has historically achieved strong growth.The culture is friendly, with very low staff turnover rates; they have won multiple prestigious awards.
You will work as part of a multi-disciplined engineering team focussing on designing, developing, and validating firmware for their high-tech and innovative product range.
Here’s what you’ll do as the embedded systems engineer (firmware):-
- Firmware design, development, and implementation of electro-mechanical systems and their control including the following: op-amps; sensors; encoders; motor drives; serial buses; microprocessors
- Analyze, design, program, debug, and modify firmware using C, C++, Python and assembly code
- Document system architecture, codebase, and specifications
- Contribute to product success through consistent on-time delivery of high-quality, functioning firmware code
- Collaborate with and contribute to project teams on firmware design, progress, and issue resolution
- Test, debug and validate embedded systems
What you will need to apply for the embedded systems engineer (firmware):-
- Extensive experience writing firmware (FW) for embedded systems
- Experience with electro-mechanical products/systems and their control
- Experience with low-level interfaces, for example, I2C, SPI, CAN, RS232
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant IT or engineering discipline
What you’ll receive:-
- A competitive salary and, depending on experience
- An excellent benefits package, including a pension, 24 days of holidays, plus eight bank holidays, a cash healthcare plan for routine healthcare needs, optical, dental physiotherapy, well-being, and counselling
- Flexible working options include hybrid working, 3 days on-site, 2 days remote. And flexi-time with variable start/finish times and the ability to build up 1 day of flexi-leave a month.
- If you are interested in finding out more, please click apply. Don’t worry if your CV is not up to date; we can sort that out later. If you want to discuss this first, call the office and quote ref 4316 – embedded systems engineer (firmware).
This position would suit a firmware engineer, embedded software engineer, embedded systems engineer, embedded engineer etc.