Looking for your next step in Consulting?
This company prides itself on being inclusive and making sure its people have a say in how the company is run and its strategic direction. Join their team and you’ll play a key role in a variety of important projects, working for high-profile customers. You’ll have autonomy and ownership of your work and influence over how your career develops. You’ll also get the opportunity to join a talented and enthusiastic team of people you’ll genuinely enjoy working with. No two days will be the same, but they’ll all be rewarding. In this role, You will help customer organisations to answer key project questions such as: How much does it cost? How good is it? When is it available? What are the wider implications? You’ll enable customers to make better-informed strategic and investment decisions by:
● understanding the scope of research technology
● estimating complex systems costs
● developing analysis tools and techniques and
● receiving reliable advice and support from you.
One day you could be at their HQ undertaking detailed data analysis, the next you could be working with the staff at high-profile military or civil customer organisations at one of their sites. You will help to plan, manage and deliver contracts that typically range from one month to a year. You’ll be highly mobile, able to travel between customer sites (mostly within the South West) and work successfully in multi-disciplinary teams.
Is this you?
Specific qualifications are not required if you have the necessary skills and experience, and a genuine enthusiasm for what they do. You should be…
● a good team player with strong communication skills who enjoys simplifying and rationalising complex problems.
● someone personable, flexible, and collaborative who can take on challenges and consistently deliver great results. Desirable skills and experience
● Defence research, logistics, maritime, or manufacturing.
● Understanding of MOD policies/procedures for cost estimation and modeling and associated supporting documentation (i.e., JSP 507, JSP 655, AQUA book, Green Book).
● Portfolio, Programme, and Project management (benefits realisation, evidence management, etc.)
● Developing life cycle cost/schedule/risk estimates for future acquisitions
● Undertaking data identification, collection and normalisation
● Presenting and communicating analytical information including data visualisation
● Generating cost estimates, scopes or impacts for new equipment or systems.
Due to the nature of the position, you must be eligible to gain SC Clearance.