Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Employment Type: Contract inside IR35, potential for permanent employment
Working Arrangement: Full time onsite
Visa Status: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK and hold a Valid Visa, we are unable to offer Visa sponsorship for this position.
Are you a skilled and experienced Maintenance Technician looking to be part of a dynamic team supporting cutting-edge technology? We have an exciting opportunity to join our customers Mechanical Maintenance team who provides expert technical support to the GED state-of-the-art engine test facility to ensure quality data output is maintained.
The team has responsibility for the manufacture, implementation and upgrade of test facility support systems and rigs to assist in engine development and verification. The team is additionally responsible for commissioning the multi-million pound engine test facility, which has world-class performance, emissions and mechanical validation capabilities. Team members interact with the wider facilities team as well as other departments within GED and the Industrial Power Systems Development Engineers.
- Responding promptly to testbed and other facility breakdowns, utilizing fault-finding techniques to effectively conduct repairs using a variety of techniques.
- Covering the maintenance, repair, and installation of new facility equipment.
- Engaging with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team including peers, engineers, and external contractors.
- Leading improvement and root cause investigation projects, and presenting findings through technical presentations to the wider teams and management.
- Providing training and support to apprentices and co-workers.
- Balancing workload and priorities in line with business needs.
- Modeling and adhering to health and safety standards to ensure the safety of individuals, team members, and the public.
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance processes and tools, machine shop operations, equipment, and processes, with familiarity with materials and quality objectives.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical drawings and schematics.
- Fault finding and diagnostics on hydraulic systems or Fuel Systems.
- Laser alignment of rotating equipment
Subject Matter Expertise: The Successful Candidate may also be a subject matter expert in one of the following fields:
- Mechanical Maintenance – Responding to all aspects of mechanical maintenance including breakdowns, planned works, and Total Preventative maintenance working individually and among a diverse team.
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics - Ability to respond to requests to install, fault diagnose and repair hydraulic and pneumatic systems, including understanding and the use of schematic and detailed circuit drawings and schematics.
- Pipe Fitting - Ability to provide the installation of all service systems within G.E.D. (With the exception of live steam). Including but not limited to; Compressed air, Process water, Chilled water, Low-pressure hot water, diesel fuel, and all associated components.
- Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and/or Qualified to a minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent and/or relevant job-related experience.