Why should you work for ABP?
· Have the chance to make a difference in a business critical to UK trade.
· Work within an exciting, innovative, growing business.
· You can thrive in an inclusive environment where every individual can be themselves and feel respected.
· Receive competitive salary and benefits package.
· Get support for training, personal development and further education.
· Benefit from support and engagement through dedicated management and leadership
Our Southampton port is the largest export port in the UK providing a critical link to our goal of Keeping Britain Trading! Annually we handle 900,000 vehicles, accepting 2 million cruise passengers, and handle exports in excess of £40Bn through the 2nd largest container terminal in the UK. Our operations team play a vital part in making this happen, whether attending reactive maintenance jobs, preparing berths for ships or carrying out maintenance checks.
We're currently looking to recruit for a multi-skilled Shift Technician to join our team to assist with maintenance activity which could cover maintaining air bridges, building fabric repairs or fault finding our electrical systems. The position offers a high level of variety and as well as utilising your apprentice served background will involve using plant equipment, prepping the berth, and moving fenders.
· To provide a maintenance service to ensure the smooth running of the Port of Southampton, as well as general port service delivery activities.
· Work with the company to promote a safety culture, acting as an ambassador for the ‘Beyond Zero’ safety campaign. Also ensuring all works that are planned and carried out are done so in a safe manner.
· Assistance in delivering Cruise ship boarding through an ‘airbridge’ (moving gangway)
· Day to day maintenance of plant, equipment and facilities associated with the Port, including carrying out testing, inspection and rectification works.
· Planned and reactive maintenance on a variety of assets.
· Working alongside the duty Service Delivery Operatives to deliver a customer centric service to the cruise vessels when they are visiting the Port of Southampton.
· Provide breakdown cover 7 days a week (working as part of 3 team shift pattern) and support operational activities as required.
· On reactive based work, carrying out fault diagnosis and repairs as needed to various technical assets.
· Regularly deliver improvement ideas around the four key service delivery KPI’s.
· To work collaboratively with Health and Safety and Environmental teams.
· Co-operate and work closely with other disciplines and contractors.
· To carry out work at height.
Skills, experiences and qualifications
· Full, clean driving licence.
· 17th or 18th Edition qualified.
· Plant Maintenance
· Capable of fault finding on Electrical or/and mechanical equipment.
· Confident working at height and on or around water.
· Working knowledge of engineering / maintenance in a port industry.
Our shift pattern follows a 21-day rotation cycle which includes early or late start and finishing times and weekend work. The early shift pattern typically start at 4:30 AM and end at 1:30 PM and the late shift pattern usually begin at 1:15 PM and conclude at 10:15 PM.
The role comes with a competitive salary, contributory pension from day one (Starting at 8% with 2% company match up to 18%), private healthcare, access to our Employee Assistance Program, 26 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and increasing with service), wide range of discounts/cash back with high street and online retailers. We offer an inclusive work environment with a very training strong academy which offers ongoing opportunities to develop your skills.