NEOM is a new vision of what the future could be. It’s an attempt to do something that’s never been done before and it’s coming at a time when the world needs fresh thinking and new solutions. Put simply, NEOM will not only be a destination, but a home for people who dream big and who want to be part of building a new model for sustainable living. NEOM will be a hub for innovation, where established global businesses and emerging players can research, incubate, and commercialize groundbreaking technologies to accelerate human progress.
Accelerate audit execution, improve audit quality, drive operational excellence, and upskill NIA by digitizing the function with AI, analytics, and automation capabilities. Be an ambassador of NIA, promote corporate governance, and support and develop NIA Managers and KSA Talent. Key Accountabilities:
- Develop and execute a digitization strategy that supports delivery of NIA’s digital vision with AI, analytics, and automation initiatives.
- Work closely with key stakeholders within NIA to continuously identify opportunities and use cases which will enable accelerated audit execution with improved quality.
- Develop strong relationships and open lines of communication with all project-related stakeholders across NEOM.
- Drive continuous improvement (CI) by engaging with key stakeholders and encouraging a culture of CI where lessons learned from previous projects inform future digitization efforts.
- Build and manage a skilled team capable of developing and implementing AI, analytics, and automation solutions.
- Build relationships with professional audit and innovation networks, to ensure that NIA is abreast of the latest technology audit trends and accounting legislation, and staff meet their professional qualification requirements. Demonstrate a wide range of hard and soft skills, including but not limited to high attention to detail, financial and business acumen, and immense integrity. Demonstrate a wide range of hard and soft skills, including but not limited to high attention to detail, financial and business acumen, and immense integrity.
- Able to quickly discern relevant and valid criteria and think/ operate in a non-linear fashion so as to work smarter and innovatively.
- Assist NIA Management in the planning, design, and implementation of appropriate technology to support audit plans to ensure that deliverables for assigned audits can be achieved.
- Take ownership of challenges to ensure that these are delivered on time and on budget. Able to deliver at pace and produce outputs when confronted by obstacles, delays, competing priorities, and tight deadlines.
- Keep self, colleagues, and stakeholders focused on delivery requirements, managing expectations, removing blockers, and delivering on time and to expected quality.
- Prioritize opportunities in line with NIA and NEOM strategy requirements and make best use of resources with collaborative approach.
- Monitor timelines, milestones, and quality of deliverables to ascertain if there are any time or cost overruns likely to be incurred.
- Support the CIAO by performing any other related activities (e.g. special projects, department initiatives, due diligence, etc.) to provide additional assurance as and when required. Able to deliver at pace and produce outputs when confronted by obstacles, delays, competing priorities, and tight deadlines.
- Ensure effective team working by providing performance guidance and support to the NIA junior audit team through coaching, feedback, and mentoring.
- Role model NEOM Values demonstrating effective leadership to all NIA team members.
- Understand and proactively manage IA leading digital practices and support the evolvement of NIA into a world-class audit function.
- Ensure that emerging risks are proactively understood and reported to the audit leadership in a timely manner.
- Empowering NEOM and NIA staff by continuously promoting wellbeing, inclusion & fair work allocation through mentoring staff with different backgrounds to drive positive change. Deep understanding of AI and machine learning concepts, including the ability to access and apply relevant algorithms and techniques.
- Knowledge of cutting-edge automation technologies and ability to apply knowledge to build integrated solutions.
- Possess extensive digital skills demonstrating awareness and application of existing and emerging digital technologies, capabilities, practices, and strategies.
- Able to exemplify technical skills, ethics, and abilities to perform activities consistently to a defined standard while maintaining the highest standards of integrity, independence, and skepticism.
- Demonstrate transformational vision and ability to anticipate future trends accurately by extrapolating existing trends and facts and filling the gaps in knowledge by thinking innovatively.
- Coordinate and cultivate a network of assurance champions across NEOM so that robust internal controls and awareness of good corporate governance practices are embedded.
- Participate in risk management activities and workshops so that assurance services across the second and third lines of defense are integrated and coordinated .
- Graduate Degree or master’s degree in engineering or technology or in a relevant subject
- 6 to 8 years of experience in technology and internal audit.
- Proven track record of delivering innovation solutions using AI, analytics, and automation technologies.
- Deep understanding of machine learning, natural language processing, and statistical analysis methods.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think creatively to identify novel solutions for problems.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to train and mentor colleagues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and ability to independently manage large projects.