Position: Senior Manager Project Implementation
Reports to: Head of Road Mobility
Sector: Land Mobility
Job Location: NEOMRole Purpose:
This position is critical to planning, designing and executing the overall strategic planning for roads infrastructure in the NEOM Road Network (NRN). As the project requires significant operational change; governance and oversight as well as infrastructure maintenance and planning, the Executive Program (Roads) Director will facilitate and drive implementation and accountability for the timely and efficient implementation of all road related projects within NRN. They will be focused on the establish of initial capacities.
Leadership that is consistently driving and building collaboration with partners and stakeholders will be critical to achieving the project goals.
The complexity of the program of a whole and the project individually, coupled with accelerated timelines requires there to be an interactive hands-on leader with high EQ, a broad experience level with cross-functional teams, construction expertise, and proven non-programmed decision making skills. The role will be required to provide ongoing perspective and advice (driven by technical, financial, stakeholder feedback) to deliver efficiently across the NRN. Above all, the organization’s goals, determining which ones are realistic, and working with all stakeholders to formulate and execute actionable plans will be a significant component to the success of the project.
A blended analytical and creative skill set equipped with superior presentation skills and a leader in partner/stakeholder relations allows this role to also act as an internal consulting function.Key Accountabilities & Activities
Senior Manager Project Implementation is responsible for generating, leading, planning and directing the significant operational change, governance oversite, and overall strategy to meet the futured stated needs for Road Mobility as part of the NEOM network. This role will be critical in providing oversight, collaborating with stakeholders, and ensuring timely and efficient execution of the project.
Key areas of focus include:
- Maximizing effective and efficient service delivery; through the transition period and into the future on matters including road maintenance and accountability for road quality
- Implementation of Best-in-class road infrastructure Division; the model is structured around the required capabilities and interconnections / collaboration with the greater Department of Land Mobility
- Fostering innovation and emphasizing safety; two building blocks of effective public infrastructure and in-line with the overall NEOM vision and mission
- Better planning for future needs; ensuring that the Division can quickly and effectively address rapidly developing road infrastructure needs throughout NEOM
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- The formal transfer of ownership of municipal and regional roads from the MoT / Tabuk Municipality to the NEOM Authority
- The formal transfer of public land ownership (i.e., land dedicated to road infrastructure) from PIF to the NEOM Authority
- Resolution of the steady state ownership of municipal roads between the NEOM Authority and individual NEOM Regions (regions are responsible for the planning of roads within their regional authority)
- Determination of the responsible party for capital replacement, upgrades to match modern safety standards, regular periodic maintenance, signage, etc., as it relates to road infrastructure, between the NEOM Authority and NEOM Regions
- Determination of the liable party for producing a State of Good Repair (SOGR) assessment for the entirety of NEOM’s road infrastructure or whether the responsibility should be split based on direct governing body of a specific road cluster
- Coordination within the NEOM Authority for the physical maintenance of road infrastructure and its operational public safety and security based on authority
- Collaborating closely with the Head of Land Mobility and other senior team leaders on all aspects of road construction.
- Leading strategic / operational projects, conducting qualitative / quantitative analyses and making recommendations on high priority topics
- Installing processes for communication and collaboration between the division’s different departments during their infancy and at steady-state operation
- Supporting the delivery of various cross-functional, complex, and high-priority initiatives
- Developing and tracking against long-term roadmaps to guide the establishment and scaling up of the NRN
- Undertaking special assignments that go outside normal operations, as required by the division
- 10+ years in Geneal
- A self-starter
- Ability to identify and drive resolution of issues
- Ability to work in international environment
- Flexibility to adapt to changing workload demands and new challenges
- An analytical mind with attention to detail, with particular focus on qualitative data when reviewing performance.
- A strong, clear communicator with people at all levels and backgrounds.
- Ability to present and discuss information clearly and to different audiences.
- Team and collaborative spirit
- Capacity to animate a community
- Graduate degree, preferably post-graduate degree, in a relevant transportation discipline or equivalent with focus on business leadership
- Fluency in English