For over 110 years Aston Martin has made the most exquisitely addictive performance sports cars.
But no one builds an Aston Martin on their own. Behind these legends and landmarks are hundreds of dreamers, darers and doers who make extraordinary happen, every single day. That’s why the name of everyone who has ever worn our famous wings is inscribed on the wall of our factory.
As we embark on an exciting new era for the business, we need the very best people to write their own chapter on our journey to become the world’s most desirable ultra-luxury British performance brand.
Join us.Job Purpose
To maintain all manufacturing plant, equipment and facilities in good working order. Improve equipment reliability by increasing the mean time between failure (MTBF) while reducing the mean time to repair (MTTR).Key Duties & Responsibilities
Qualification & Experience
- Carry out repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner.
- Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance schedules (PPM).
- Carry out PPM schedules as necessary and planned work orders as required.
- Operate maintenance Fork Lift Truck and Elevated Working Platform as required.
- Assist visiting specialist engineers when necessary.
- Report breakdown root cause, equipment faults and concerns to management, Group Leader and Lead Tech.
- Make full use of the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Plan / prioritise workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time.
- Fill in job tickets / CMMS on completion of work.
- Manufacture spare parts as required (Simple Bracketry Gaskets etc…) using lathes, milling machines, welding equipment, etc.
- Typical example of work would be to respond to maintenance request for equipment fault, diagnose fault repair and return equipment to operational service. All work to be carried out operating in a safe and efficient manner. (A process of dynamic risk assessment is operated).
- Identify spares requirements and control / log usage.
- Mechanical / Electrical based apprenticeship with City & Guilds or equivalent qualifications.
- Proven experience working with both relay logic and PLC control systems.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work on their own and also be a fully integrated member of a team.
- The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
- Extensive experience as a qualified maintenance / service engineer operating in an industrial environment (Preferably in the automotive sector).
- Experience working within a Trim Shop would be advantageous but not essential.
- Can work on own initiative.
- Has good time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Belong at Aston Martin!
We understand that the incredible beauty, craft and art that defines an Aston Martin comes from the inclusion of our amazing people.
We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We celebrate diversity and are seeking applicants who can bring something different. Please speak to us if there is anything you need to support making an application with us.