Join us in the Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering team. We maintain and optimize technologies in the Global Amazon Warehouse & Delivery Network.
We are looking for a motivated technician who enjoys working in a team. The job is about maintaining our equipment in a safe way to a high standard. Focusing on planned preventative maintenance you will engage in mitigation of risks by proactively addressing and resolving issues. Raising the availability and quality of the equipment is the daily job. Our technicians focus in on our operational team, their customers, with support from the team and their leaders.
Shift Pattern: This role includes working in non-traditional shift pattern, which may include nights and weekendsResponsibilities
- Put health & safety best practices first in all work carried out ensuring compliance with all health & safety standards and regulations.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on the full range of equipment within the site.
- React quickly to breakdowns, communicate clearly with affected parties and work efficiently to fix the issue.
- Support continuous improvement by learning from breakdowns and sending feedback and suggestions for improvements through the line manager.
- Provide high levels of equipment availability to our internal customers.
- Support and learn from Senior Reliability Engineering Technicians.
- Management of contractors.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bolton, GBRBasic Qualifications
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Experience of planned preventative maintenance systems.
- Experience fault finding within MHE (Material Handling Equipment)/Automation systems.
- Experience in interpreting both mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Experience of conveyor maintenance, motor controllers/inverters.
Served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship and/or qualified to NVQ level 3 or equivalentPreferred Qualifications
- Experience of high voltage switching.
- Experience of sortation machines.
- Experience of maintaining/configuring bar code scanners.
- Experience of print and apply machines.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).Company
- Amazon UK Services Ltd.
Job ID: A2449680