This role required candidate to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
We are seeking a Renewables Power Engineering Specialist to join our Power Systems Renewables Department under the Renewable Project Development and Support Division (RPD&SD). RPD&SD performs project due diligence, feasibility studies, site-specific engineering analysis, specific design reviews and the evaluation of energy requirements for residential, commercial and industrial scales across This Company facilities. Your primary role is to support the evaluation and development of renewables business cases and capital projects.
- Develop long term master plans for cost-effective and innovative design strategies and solutions in different operating areas of This Company to meet sustainability goals.
- Conduct economic analysis and evaluate different project alternatives to recommend the best investment decisions with the maximum attainable Net Present Value (NPV) for renewable systems.
- Examine technical studies to align with This Company project proposal procedures, including equipment reliability, condition assessment, obsolescence, and standard compliance.
- Work with multidisciplinary internal and external organizations to provide technical guidance and recommendations on design details and construction documents as necessary.
- Perform solar resource data analysis for feasibility studies and system design, including PR, yield, availability, production, etc.
- Conduct site visits to perform feasibility studies, including load profiling studies using power analyzer.
- Design both grid interactive or standalone PV systems for industrial applications with different installation configurations (rooftop and ground mounted) including balance of systems design calculations, layouts, and schematic diagrams.
- Provide economic analysis (LCOE, NPV) and recommend the best investment decisions with the maximum attainable Net Present Value (NPV).
- Promote a learning environment and continuous development, acting as a mentor to junior engineers.
- Develop and maintain This Company Engineering Standards and Design Best Practices, Design Manuals, or other documentation to enhance company profitability and productivity.
- Willing to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Renewables Engineering is required, while a Master's Degree is preferred.
- CEM certification is a plus.
- 10+ years' engineering design experience in Solar PV, Concentrated solar and Energy storage (heat and chemical storage technologies).
- Strong technical experience in Solar PV and Energy storage technologies (Flow batteries, Lithium batteries), system design, optimization, technology assessment and techno-economic feasibility studies, grid interconnection and reliability or distribution either with utility or end-users is desired.
- Preferred Solar PV experience including plant design, installation and commissioning, system interconnection, codes, and standards.
- Experience in Computerized Solar PV Systems analysis tools such as PVsyst, HOMER, AutoCAD, PVGIS tools, power analyzer/logger, IV curve tracing and battery tester is preferred.
- Green Hydrogen, Fuel cells, and Wind energy experience is a plus.