Are you an experienced engineer seeking to put your passion for sustainability into practice? Our client is currently looking for a Principal Cryogenics Research Engineer to join their team and support the progression of carbon neutral aviation systems and components.
In this role, you’ll become part of a state-of-the-art aerospace manufacturing facility and drive the design and installations of a cryogenically-cooled hydrogen fuel systems portfolio. You will bring your understanding of the product development cycle to coordinate the management of projects, ensuring functional designs are delivered on time and to budget.
You’ll have the opportunity to become a true thought leader in your field - your input will be highly valued by internal and external stakeholders throughout the development process, as you’ll present both technical information, an assessment of progress and a measured opinion.
Other responsibilities include:
- Delivering technical leadership, guidance and motivation to senior engineers
- Developing test programmes and accompanying documentation
- Acting as a lead change agent, able to channel resources effectively
- Working as part of a team to evaluate new technologies
- Driving continuous improvement and best practice initiatives
The ideal candidate will have proven experience within a test and verification environment, with a track record of developing both cryogenic hydrogen systems and fluid mechanical systems installation. Other requirements include:
- Degree Educated in a Physics or Engineering discipline
- A number of years' experience related to the development of cryogenic equipment or cryogenic systems
- Understanding of the product development lifecycle
- Familiar with hydrogen safety assessment and upholding industry regulations
- Knowledge of modelling software (including MATLAB and Simulink)
- Proven team leader with a track record of achieving performance targets
- Innovative and able to resolve complex challenges
- Highly organised and able to meet strict deadlines
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Self-starter who is keen to develop both professionally and personally
Reference number: 14518
Temporary or Permanent Position: Permanent
FMC Talent contact for this role: Rhys Greenslade (email@example.com)