At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help you give us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
As Process Engineer - Hydrogen you'll act as a technical specialist and will facilitate and support project development and engineering during full project life cycle, including: initial project development, permitting support, financing, engineering, procurement, construction, and startup of hydrogen projects. You'll understand the principles of process engineering, hydrogen production / handling (i.e. – electrolysis, compression, liquefaction), water treatment, along with mass and energy balances, thermal engineering & electrolysis processes.
Black & Veatch Process Engineers develop technical solutions that are critical to winning work and drive design deliverables for critical infrastructure projects with community benefits. Our global Team of over 200 process engineers support water, industrial, next generation agriculture, LNG, hydrogen, fertiliser, and carbon capture businesses among others. We have transformed our team to align with mega-trends associated with water scarcity, limited resources, alternative fuels, and energy sustainability. Our industry leading solutions modernise infrastructure, optimise asset use, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
Why BVs Process Engineering Team?
- The work is rewarding and meaningful
- The team is comprised of supportive and appreciative professionals
- Career opportunities exist in many rapidly expanding business solutions
This role will support hydrogen projects across the EMEA region and can be based in our Glasgow or London city centre offices in the UK, or our Madrid office in Spain. You must have the legal right to work in the country you apply to.
- Process engineering design of chemical facilities including Hydrogen, Carbon Capture, Fertilizers (Ammonia, Urea, etc.), LNG, Gasification, Fermentation, Sulfur recovery, Gas treatment, Biofuels, and NGL recovery and fractionation
- Prepares a variety of moderately complex process engineering deliverables: Simulations, PFDs, H&MBs, MSDs, P&lDs, Equipment Datasheets, Instrument Data, Relief Valve Calculations, Complex Control Descriptions, Cause & Effect Diagrams
- Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection
- Lead implementation of solutions through the project life cycle: feasibility, FEL stages, FEED, detailed design, EPC, and commissioning
Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Serves as a technical specialist and has knowledge and skill set to provide consultation and guidance to project teams in a particular practice area
- Actively seeks to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership
- May provide support to business development or pursuit activities
- 2 Years Experience in Hydrogen facility design or operations
- Working knowledge of PRO II, Promax, Protreat, HYSYS and similar process simulation packages
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum Of 5 Years Related Work Experience
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.