Location: Levenmouth, Fife
Salary: Personal Service Contract (Dependent on skills & qualifications)
Do you want to be a part of an innovative and supportive team, where there are great opportunities for career progression and development?
We’re developing a world-first hydrogen network in Fife that will bring renewable hydrogen into homes in 2024, providing zero-carbon fuel for heating and cooking. The network will heat around 300 local homes using clean gas produced by a dedicated electrolysis plant, powered by a nearby offshore wind turbine. The project is the first of its kind to employ a direct supply of clean power to produce hydrogen for domestic heating – putting Fife at the forefront of the clean energy revolution.
What will you be doing day to day?
- Safe Management and operation of Production and Storage Facility
- Contribute to the Overall Project delivery
- Planning and Managing appropriate resources for Operation
- Maintenance of complex process engineering, start up and fault finding
- Management of operational budgets
What You’ll Need
The job holder will preferably be degree qualified in relevant discipline or HND/HNC in a relevant discipline.
We’re also looking for;
- Experience in Operational Management of hydrogen and/or multi-disciplined energy site (e.g. petrochemical, power stations)
- Management of Compliance with Legislation and industry standards.
- Experienced in the development and implementation of site operating procedures
- Capable of recruiting, training and developing site operators
- Knowledge and understanding of the gas network/industry.
- Excellent communicator at all levels.
- Contractor management experience essential
- A full and valid driving licence is essential.
If you don’t have all the qualifications, we would still love to hear from you…
we provide our own specialised learning and development programs, providing access to learning tools to help you acquire the skills needed to excel in our environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Job security and genuine learning and development opportunities
- Holiday and sickness package
- HolidayPlus - Buy up to 10 additional days holiday, available all year round
- Retail & leisure discounts
- Cycle2work scheme
- Company pension scheme – with company contributions between 6 -12% (depending on length of service and personal % contribution)
- Gym & mobile discounts
- Virtual GP - Our GP Helpline is a virtual GP service which offers unlimited access to GP at a time which suits you
What We Do…
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
SGN is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we are passionate about working towards at SGN. We want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work, where every single person feels empowered to achieve professional success. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information or parental status. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.