We’re on a mission to make the switch to sustainable transport and energy faster, easier and more affordable. We use our own technology stack, data smarts and industry knowledge to build a game-changing capability.
Our intelligent energy platform helps our customers access renewable energy, understand consumer behaviour, and powers smart charging for EVs.
The worlds of energy and transport are colliding and Ohme is at the heart of this new paradigm. By using technology and data integrations to connect cars, chargers, people, energy providers and more, Ohme has a powerful platform that puts the consumer at the core.
Ohme has been selling its chargers to consumers since mid 2019 and has had exponential growth since. We are now operating in multiple countries and have partnerships with the likes of Octopus Energy, Volkswagen Auto Group, Volvo Belux, Smart Home Charge and other innovative brands.
We are scaling up the business and are building out the team for rapid growth. If you’re interested in joining a fast-growing cleantech venture on a journey to speed up the global transition to clean energy, read on!
We are looking for an Android Developer to join our team.
We are looking to recruit an Android Developer to work with the current technical team to build the next generation Ohme app, continue innovating our existing Android app as well as aid in the design process. This is a great opportunity for a developer who is passionate about renewables, doing good and making a difference in the fight against climate change.
- 1+ years of mobile app development experience
- Proficient with Android Studio and Kotlin
- Amazing attention to detail and passion for software development
We’re excited if you have:
- Passion for building user interfaces and excellent understanding of visual design principles
- Knowledge of modern technologies such as Jetpack Compose and Hilt
- Knowledge of structural design patterns such as MVC, MVP and MVVM
What we want from you at Ohme:
- Develop best-in-class apps: demonstrate a strong understanding of UX/UI principles to ensure the customer experience stays front and centre, while building a high-performing app.
- Build a robust process: ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of applications.
- Harness a collaborative environment: work with the team to define, design and ship new features.
- Challenge the norm: continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency.
- Play a key role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation and coding standards
You’ll get to work in a fast-paced and rapidly growing scale-up with global ambitions that is cutting edge, passionate about sustainability and seeks to make the world a better place.
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Hybrid office / remote-working practices
- Private Health Insurance
- Aegon Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme with death in service benefit of 4x salary
- Income Protection Scheme for long term illness
Ohme is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are at the heart of what we do and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We actively seek out a diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed and to feel included.