Service Engineer required for our client. You will be working as part of the service department, the Service Engineer services, maintains, fault find and fixes issues with Heat Pumps, Solar (PV and Thermal) systems, and the associated equipment installed.The Success Of The Role Will Be Measured On
- Number of breakdowns.
- Number of return visits for the same or associated issues.
- Satisfied clients.
- Ownership of problems through to solutions.
- Feedback from work colleagues.
- Good relationships with partners and manufacturers.
Service Engineer Position Overview
- Understand, identify and solve issues on installed systems.
- Conduct routine service and maintenance visits for installed systems, ensuring efficiency is optimised.
- Attend breakdowns to investigate and do fault finding.
- Conduct initial inspections of systems when arranged by the service administrator.
- Conduct plumbing and electrical repair/remedial work onsite when necessary to resolve any issues.
- Test work and check system is operating prior to departure from site.
- Complete and return visit paperwork; with details of work completed, issues, further work/action required, material used/required.
- Prepare written reports on findings, forwarding via email to the office when necessary.
- Provide out-of-hour (OOH) support to clients in line with the agreed rota, attending sites OOH when an emergency demands a visit.
- Stay away for work when necessary
- Keep up to date with the relevant industry standards.
- Keep up to date with manufacturers installation, service and maintenance requirements.
Service Engineer Position Requirements
- Driver's license- no more than 3 points.
- Desire to learn about renewable energy systems.
- Good knowledge of UK Building and Water Regulations and to comply with them.
- Good understanding of flushing, inhibitors, additives needed for heating systems.
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in plumbing.
- Electrical Qualifications.
- CSCS Card.
- Part L Energy Efficiency.
- Knowledge on the mechanical and/or electrical installation/operation of solar (PV and Thermal), heat pump, biomass systems, and all associated plant room equipment.
Service Engineer Position Remuneration
- £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
- Mon-Fri 8am - 16:30pm
- Generous holiday allowance with the office being shut between Christmas and New
- All statutory bank holiday's off.
- Van and fuel card
- Discretionary bonus system.
- Pension contribution.
- Onsite gym in Horley.
- Life Assurance Insurance.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Long service awards.
- Employee events.
- Market leader in renewable energy: one of the UK's most experienced consultants, designers, suppliers, installers, and maintainers of renewable energy systems.
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are a multi-disciplined technical recruitment agency based in Chichester, West Sussex operating across the UK with specialist teams covering a range of industries. We are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy, and in accordance with GDPR by applying you are granting us consent to process your data, and contact you in relation to this application and the services we offer.