Electricity North West has an exciting opportunity for an experienced BI Developer / Data Engineer to join our inclusive and collaborative team. This full-time BI Developer / Data Engineer role is based in Preston, offers hybrid working, and offers a salary of up to £47,320 per annum and excellent benefits.Our role
As a BI Developer / Data Engineer, you will be using modern Cloud-based tools to deliver automated, repeatable data and reporting solutions.
In your first few weeks in this ETL and data modelling role, you can expect to:
- Support and develop the end-to-end ETL and data modelling solutions
- Create visualisations and reports for requested projects
- Perform detailed analysis of business processes and systems and make suggestions based on your findings
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting of solutions.
To succeed in this flexible role, you will need experience building ETL data pipelines in Azure using Azure Data Factory and Synapse. You will also require the following:
- Experience creating data models and dashboards in Power BI
- Knowledge of data warehouse design and implementation and conceptual, logical and physical data modelling
- Analytical skills with the ability to understand complex processes
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal, with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience in the application of data and reporting technology across multiple data sets in a environment.
In return for your passion, collaborative approach and commitment, you'll receive a generous salary of £39,595 to £47,320. We are committed to ensuring our people are supported and are proud of our reward and benefits offer, which includes:
- An annual bonus scheme
- Twenty-five days annual leave increasing with length of service
- Private healthcare
- An employee rewards portal offering discounts on several well-known brands
- A market-leading contributory pension scheme
- Employee assistance programme and opportunity for professional development through our L&D function.
To apply for this full-time BI Developer / Data Engineer job, please contact Electricity North West today. Please refer any friends or colleagues for this role to our Careers page on our website.
We’re champions of the North West, and we’re proud that our electricity network connects communities and helps keep the electricity flowing every minute of every day, from when you wake up to when you fall asleep and all the hours in between. A key part of the UK’s journey to net zero carbon is the revolution of our electricity industry, and as the region's network operator, it’s our responsibility to lead the way, help the North West to decarbonise and pave the way for the growth of renewable energy. Together we have the energy to transform our communities. We are switched on. We are adaptable. We take pride.Should you require any additional support with your application, or any adjustments please contact our Recruitment team at email@example.com or on 0845 366 0092 (option 2)
Due to the nature of this role, the following pre-employment checks will be required, a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.We reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
We don't accept speculative CVs from agencies. Any received we will assert ownership of the candidate and no fee will be payable.