About The Role
The Ecotricity Technology department is a small friendly team with a strong focus on getting results, with everyone committed to delivering both individually and as part of the group/project.
We have a strong internal team supporting and developing solutions across multiple mission critical platforms including Salesforce (Service and Sales). This hands-on role, of Salesforce Developer, is first and foremost about delivering system changes and improvements but additionally looks for your experience to help us leverage value from our Salesforce investment.
What you will do
- Work as part of a team of Salesforce admins/developers delivering Salesforce changes
- Work collaboratively with the Salesforce Tech Lead to develop best practice, streamline throughput, and ensure consistent high quality output.
- Provide technical input in discussions with management and stakeholders.
- Work on new functionality, changes and faults, including complicated tasks as appropriate.
- Seek day to day opportunities to upskill and cross train with your peers.
- Contribute research into new beneficial technology and process improvements.
You will have considerable technical experience working with Salesforce at a developer level, including interfacing with other platforms, developing Salesforce assets for use in websites and mobile apps, and all using modern deployment techniques. Knowledge of the Energy industry or Salesforce ‘Energy & Utility Cloud’ would be a bonus, but not necessary.
You will be comfortable working with project managers and product owners, keeping stakeholders and management continually informed, presenting and demoing solutions routinely. You will have good communication skills and can adjust to type of each audience.
We will actively support you, but you should be self motivated, delivery driven, and not need to be led. You should strive for best practice and technical excellence and be a person that actively looks for continual improvement opportunities.
Knowledge and skills
- Extensive Salesforce development experience (including APEX triggers, classes, asynchronous apex, API Integrations, LWCs and Sites)
- Experience of Salesforce Lightning is essential
- Experience using Git and SFDX is essential
- Experience of continuous integration is desirable
- Salesforce Administrator understanding is desirable
- Understands when to use declarative capabilities vs developed solutions
- Experience of object-oriented programming languages
- Experience of Salesforce Energy & Utilities Cloud (Vlocity) is desired (but not essential).
- Experience of working waterfall and agile developments, and using tools such as Jira
- Excellent time management skills & ability to multitask
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
What's in it for you...
Healthcare plan, life assurance and generous pension contribution
Various company discounts (including shops, days out and events)
Holiday of 25 days (plus bank holidays) & ability to buy/sell days
Cycle to work scheme, car pooling and onsite parking available
As a valued member of the team you will be supporting the Group Environmental policy and its associated targets to make the Green Britain Group net carbon neutral by 2025
The fast moving nature of the company's business means that from time to time you may be asked to perform duties or tasks outside of your original job description on an ad hoc basis. This allows the company to use it's people in the best possible way at all times and helps the employees to make make their contribution in a changing environment.
Ecotricity is Britain's greenest energy company. When we started back in 1995, we were the first company in the world to provide a new kind of electricity- the green kind.
Our mission was, and remains, to change the way energy is made and used in Britain- by replacing fossil fuels with clean, renewable energy.
We don't just supply green energy, we use the money from our customers' bills to make it ourselves too- we build windmills and sun parks in Britain. We call this 'bills in to mills'. In 2021, we started work on building two new solar parks, and now, in 2023, we're bringing geothermal energy to our customers' fuel mix, a first in the UK. We're also developing green gas mills which will generate 100% green gas from a source that we will never run out of- grass.
We don't just focus on energy though- we built Electric Highways, Britain's leading network of electric vehicle charging points, we helped Forest Green Rovers become the greenest football club in the world, and, in partnership with RSPB, we launched Britain's greenest mobile phone service, Ecotalk.
Ecotricity is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing equality for all.