Do you dream of making a difference in the world? Would you like to help create a more sustainable future for generations to come?
Are you looking for a career in a fast-paced, innovative environment working with world class technology and products?
Here at Wolfspeed, we are leading the charge into the future of innovation and manufacturing.
We are a global powerhouse semiconductor company leading the transformation from silicon to silicon carbide and GaN technologies providing solutions for efficient energy consumption and a sustainable future. While there is a great deal of complexity in our designs and solutions, what we provide for our customers is simple – we make systems more efficient while reducing cost and increasing performance.
Wolfspeed’s product families include Silicon Carbide materials, power-switching devices and RF devices targeted for various applications such as electric vehicles, fast charging, 5G, renewable energy and storage, and aerospace and defense.
At Wolfspeed NI, we are on a mission to grow our pack and build diverse, multi-skilled teams that are empowered to shape the future of Wolfspeed. We are problem-solvers, unconventional thinkers and impassioned doers always striving to do things in a better way. We provide excellent learning and development opportunities to help you get to where you want to be and a flexible working environment that enables you to work where it works for you.
We unleash the power of possibilities through hard work, collaboration and a passion for innovation.
Wolfspeed NI is looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing community of data experts. You will be part of a global, multi-disciplinary team who manage and support Data Analytics portfolio at Wolfspeed.
You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data solutions and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists while ensuring optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. The Data Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day activities related to the implementation of new services and support for existing services.
As a key member of the Wolfspeed Data Engineering Team, this candidate will be responsible for enabling and supporting the business analytics and reporting needs, by leveraging and implementing various business intelligence tools. Heavy emphasis will be placed on developing self-service dashboard capabilities and delivering business value through the design and implementation of business intelligence solutions, leveraging data that spans multiple data sources. Also contributes actively to the overall development and delivery of IT capabilities required to support business growth and provide a competitive advantage for Wolfspeed.
What does your day-to-day look like?
- Provide technical expertise and execute the design, development and support of data solutions for Wolfspeed business partners, including configuration, administration, monitoring, performance tuning, debugging, and operationalization.
- Build and maintain data pipelines using Snowflake, dbt (data build tool), Azure Cloud (storage, VMs, containers, Azure Data Factory), Python, Docker and SQL.
- Participate in the development lifecycle using Agile / DevOps methodologies using Azure DevOps.
- Translate simple to complex user requirements into functional and actionable analytics, including data modeling.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Wolfspeed operations for data integration from enterprise applications (SAP, Oracle, ModelN, Salesorce, Workday, etc.), using that knowledge to craft data solutions that provide maximum visibility to global stakeholders.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for intelligent, driven individuals who are passionate about what they do and have exceptional teamwork skills. The skills and experience needed for this role are listed below. However, we understand that there might be a few requirements that you don’t meet or skills that you don’t yet have. That’s ok! If you are a smart, passionate, hardworking individual who is eager to learn we would like to speak with you about joining our wolf pack!
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in a Data Engineering role, or Software Engineering role with a focus on data.
- Hands-on skills with a programming language such as Python, Java, Go, etc.
- Public cloud experience (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Writing complex SQL Queries
- ETL tools (Fivetran, Airbyte, Azure Data Factory, Talend) or writing custom data extraction applications, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing and working with large-scale datasets.
- Experience leveraging DevOps and lean development principles such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment using tools like Azure DevOps, Github, Gitlab, etc.
- Designing and building modern data pipelines and data streams
Nice to have
- dbt (Data Build Tool)
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Big data technologies (Kafka, Spark)
- Experience supporting data & processing needs of enterprise applications such as SAP, Salesforce, Model N, Workday, Kronos, Service Now, etc.
- Experience with Semiconductor or High-Tech Manufacturing.
- Experience with BI tools (e.g., Power BI, Tableau, Looker)
What can Wolfspeed offer you?
- An opportunity to join a highly motivated, inspiring team working on technology that is set to unleash new possibilities and create positive changes to the way we live.
- A fun, inclusive working environment providing fantastic learning and development programs designed to enable individuals to achieve career goals and grow with the company.
- Competitive salary
- Performance based bonus plan
- Flexible work environment
- 25 days annual leave plus 10 public holidays
- Pension plan
- Full benefits package including private medical insurance