Data EngineerWorking Pattern:
Monday to Friday, 36.25 hoursSalary:
up to £40,000 and up to 20% bonus and benefitsLocation:
Flexible, we could support fully remote or hybrid working from any of our UK offices in London, Cardiff, Durham, Manchester, or BlackpoolWe are Tandem - Where impact meets innovation
Tandem is the UK's greener digital bank on a bold quest to revolutionise the way we save, borrow spend, and share – all while nurturing our planet, our people and our customers. As one of Europe’s fastest growing digital banks, our values of being Brave, Enterprising, Simple, and Together (BEST) ensure our 500-strong team collaborate to drive a brighter, greener future.
Tandem also leads the way with a secondary app called Loop. Loop gives customers a simpler, hassle free and awkward free way to share money among friends.Our Team
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for an enthusiastic Data Engineer to join our Data Infrastructure Team to support us on our journey.
The main purpose of the role is to collaborate with key stakeholders and be part of a multi-skilled team to acquire and deliver timely, accurate and robust data solutions that assists the business in driving growth, and support evaluation of performance.
The role will be flexible, with periodic visits to offices as needed to get you the collaboration you need to tackle the projects you undertake.What you will be working on:
What we're looking for:
- Working in Data Integration Projects, bringing new data to the bank’s Data Warehouse by creating data acquisition processes.
- Identifying and delivering on-going fixes and improvements to existing data acquisition processes.
- Building Data extracts for internal and external stakeholders.
- Contributing to the expanding functionality our data-model and the data solutions we can offer to both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring that all solutions and processes are properly documented using standard documentation templates.
- Providing technical support to colleagues.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong knowledge of SQL including: complex joins, views, stored procedures (ideally looking for T-SQL/MS SQL Server, outstanding knowledge of other SQL flavours will be considered)
- Experience with Visual Studio and SSIS packages,
- Experience of acquiring structured, semi-structured and unstructured data,
- An understanding of Data Warehouse architecture, and the concepts of ETL/ELT,
- Someone who wants to learn, and further their own knowledge as well as support the team by sharing knowledge and experience.
It would be great, but not essential if you have:
Rewards that reflect your value, what’s in it for you?
- Previous exposure to or knowledge of the Financial Services or Fintech industry,
- Experience working in a regulated industry or environment ,
- Exposure to TypeScript,
- Exposure to Kafka or Druid will be a plus,
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL,
- Knowledge of CI/CD and tools such as Jira, GitHub and Source Control.
At Tandem, your hard work is rewarded in many ways and we have an enhanced employee benefits package on offer from your very first day with us:
Our Green Deal: Your Impact Amplified
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days Bank Holiday
- An additional day off for a ‘celebration day’ including, but not limited to, birthdays, weddings, religious holidays, graduations etc
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Healthcare cash plan through Westfield Health worth a minimum of £750 per year
- Electric Vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme and a free helmet
- Salary sacrifice Pension contribution*, 4% employee contributions matched with 4% Tandem contribution (*Subject to salary eligibility)
- Smart Tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Tandem Hub for treats, cash back and discounts on UK retailers
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal, snacks and drinks in all offices
- Quarterly team social budgets
A little welcome gift from us to you, we’ll plant a tree in the Tandem Grove and you can enter into our “Green Deal” below:
Ready to make your mark?
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1 day annual leave
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Apply now and let's pave the way to a greener world, together. Our approach to DE&I is reflected in our hiring process so please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t fret! We highly appreciate your unique experience and encourage you to apply for our Expression of interest
vacancy on our Careers site.Sourcing Model
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.