A massive deployment of renewable energy is required to meet global climate goals and reinforce the security of energy supply. Wind energy is becoming the backbone of energy systems in many parts of the world. To ensure their success, it is crucial to enable wind turbines to operate efficiently and maximise their lifespan.
At Perceptual Robotics, we are developing solutions to enable cost-effective and automated inspections that preserve the health of wind turbines. Our drone inspection product, Dhalion, empowers users worldwide to collect data from turbines within minutes, requiring minimal training. This data is automatically processed to provide all the necessary information for taking correct maintenance actions, thereby prolonging life and enhancing the efficiency of wind turbines.
As part of our expansion plans for the autonomous drone development team, we are seeking an experienced app developer to join us and become a core member of our team. Based in Bristol/ Athens, you will work closely with the team to develop and maintain apps for a world-class innovative robotic system.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Android app development. You should have a good sense of what makes for a good user experience and be comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team of engineers. Our apps leverage web technologies for UI elements so having a working knowledge of react, capacitor and similar will be desired.
We are dedicated to building a workplace of the future and believe in equal opportunities and that diversity drives innovation. We are an inclusive workplace and we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, languages spoken, veteran's status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
- Android app development, using Kotlin and Java, working with third party SDKs
- User experience research and design
- New apps or modules as we expand our product offerings
- Participate in code reviews to maintain code quality and provide constructive feedback to team members
- Assist in the maintenance and support of the existing Android applications
- Experience with cross-platform mobile development frameworks (e.g. React, Capacitor)
- Able to share UX designs such as wireframes and mockups
- Enthusiastic team player
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Experience in Android development, including Java and Kotlin
- Familiarity with Android Studio, Gradle, and version control systems (e.g. Git)
- Experience running user trials and functional testing
- Test Driven Development: Approach new projects with test driven development in mind
- Appetite for learning new programming languages and keeping up to date with advancements in the field
- Hybrid working with the expectation to work from our office in Bristol/ Athens 2-3 times a week. Please note if you want to work from our Athens office, you will need to be eligible to work in Greece by the start of your employment. We can support visa applications for the UK but we can't support visa applications for Greece.
- Company share option plan
- No dress code formalities
- Flexible working hours