£50,000 to £75,000
Canary Wharf - Hybrid working (WFH 3 days)
Are you an experience Python Microservice Engineer? My client, a rapidly expanding not-for-profit private Renewable Semiconductor Manufacturing company are facing the urgency of Net-Zero, their taking on new schemes within the nuclear, CCUS and hydrogen space to further help the UK combat the growing challenge within the UK’s energy environment. They are in search of exceptional Python and Django Developers to join their expanding team. The prospective candidate will become part of a team dedicated to supporting the UK Net Zero objective by developing software that aids in Low Carbon energy generation.
The role involves working on diverse projects, including the Digital Platform designed for collaboration with Generators, Settlement Systems, and Data Reporting services spanning nuclear, hydrogen, and electricity generation.
A prerequisite for the position is a strong proficiency in building applications with Python.
25 days' annual leave and bank holidays
Company contribution to your pension scheme
Family friendly policies, including enhanced company maternity/paternity and shared parental benefits
Employee assistance programme for free, confidential support for your professional or personal life, including financial management and family care.
Special leave such as study leave, sabbatical or public duties
Three days paid leave a year for volunteering to support your local community
Season ticket loan scheme to support your commute
Access to “Work Perks” offering deals, discounts and cash back on your purchases
Family savings on days out and English Heritage or gym discounts through our partners.
As a Python Backend Developer, you will be joining a growing team of software engineers, data modelers, and quants. As a team you will design, develop, and maintain the clients digital platform that comprises of multiple applications including settlements tools, forecasting, digital platforms, calculation engines, data portals, and other applications that the business requires to help the UK achieve Net Zero by 2050. You will be working on multiple different project teams covering generation areas such as nuclear, hydrogen, solar, and tidal power.
- This role is very hands-on with coding so you will need to be comfortable getting stuck in.
- Design highly scalable software solutions to improve functionality and system longevity.
- Work with technical business analysts and solution architects to fine tune requirements and ensure that wants are feasible and pragmatic and validate development tasks in Jira.
- Develop modules that satisfy the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Coordinate deployments with Release Manager and monitor for successful integration.
- Manage design, build, test bug fix prerogatives.
- Prepare, review and update technical documentation.
- Build reusable components.
- Participate in the maintenance and improvement of existing applications.
- Optimise microservices for maximum performance.
- Contribute to the wider engineering team.
- Stay abreast of developments in application development, analytics, programming languages.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- At least 3 years’ experience of coding Python with Django framework
- At least 3 years’ experience with microservices and using related tools - e.g. Docker, RabbitMQ, AWS, Kafka, Lambda.
- RESTful API development and management, Transactional management.
- Databases - e.g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB and SQL.
- Experience with data science libraries is highly desirable.
- Performance Tuning.
- Solid understanding of design patterns and relevant implementation models.
- Solid understanding of DevOps tooling, GitLab, CI/CD, build pipelines and source control systems.
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure services: compute, storage, networking, hybrid connectivity, monitoring/logging, security and IAM.
- Knowledge of other languages (e.g. C#, C) a plus.
- Ideally previous experience in electricity and gas utilities sector.
Flexible working: Informal flexible work patterns subject to line manager discretion including a 9-day fortnight.
Visa sponsorships: Our client does not sponsor visas currently so you will need to hold a valid UK passport or a valid visa to work in the UK.
Reports to: Head of Data and Software Engineering
Apply now and we can discuss this in more detail and provide you with a more detailed job description.
Due to the large numbers of responses, we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies. YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation. To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the JobsAware website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search