Putting the ‘i’ back into British Innovation
Putting the ‘i’ into Inventing the Future
Putting the ‘i’ into Inspiring the Nation
myenergi Ltd is a young, progressive, innovative, and fast-growing company with its HQ born and based right here in Stallingborough, with subsidiaries based in Germany, Benelux, Northern Ireland, Australia and ambitions to open facilities right across the world. We specialise in the design and manufacture of ground-breaking renewable-energy technology products.
Reports to: Firmware Development Manager
Due to the continued growth and development, we are looking for an SQA Test and Development Engineer to join our firmware development team. The SQA Test and Development Engineers are responsible for testing our products at all stages of their development, and for investigating any problems that are reported by our customers.
These tests are an essential part of our development process and you will work very closely with the firmware development team, ensuring that the test are thorough and that the results are systematically recorded and fed back to the product owners.
The role is varied and will involve:
- Designing the test procedures
- Working with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power meter and injection test sets - Fault finding, including making measurements at voltage from low voltage DC to mains voltage AC
- Performing data network packet analysis
- Coding in C, Python etc
- Developing automated test scripts
- Adapting and developing test equipment.
The successful candidate will enjoy finding creative and practical solutions to problems. We’re looking for someone with a deep interest in electrical and electronic devices, good attention to detail, the ability to keep accurate records and organise your work.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their experience in working with electrical and electronic devices, working safely at mains voltages as well as being able to carry out measurements on PCB’s
This role would be ideal for a graduate engineer or someone early in their career looking to take on more responsibility and offers progression to a role in product hardware and firmware development.
- As part of the SQA team you will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of test cases and test plans for both feature testing and regression testing.
- As a member of one or more product scrum teams, you will participate in user story refinement sessions and take a lead role in defining the test cases to cover the acceptance criteria as set out in the development tickets.
- Communicate regulary with peers and frimware development engineers to assist with white box testing and failure mode analysis.
- Perform and Maintain accurate records of executed test plans and provide in-depth detail of discovered software defects.
- Write detailed reports for the development engineers, internal customers and third parties.
- Create test scenarios to replicate and confirm reported system behaviours.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A relevant engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- History of preforming software quality assurance testing as part of a team.
- Understanding of SQA testing principles and methods.
- Knowledge and experience of working with at least one programming language (C, C++, Java, Python, C#, LUA etc.).
- Experience of testing electrical / electronic equipment including basic fault finding
What myenergi offer you:
- Free charging of electric vehicles on site.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Mental Health First Aiders across the business, let's be there for each other
- Career Development & Encouragement
- Employee Empowerment
- Free onsite parking
- Positive working environment
- EV salary sacrifice scheme
- Birthday Leave – because everyone deserves a day off for their birthday, right?
myenergi is committed to being an equal opportunity, diverse and inclusive employer. We want a supportive and inclusive environment where our colleagues can reach their full potential without prejudice and discrimination. We are committed to a culture where respect and understanding is fostered, and the diversity of people’s backgrounds and circumstances will be positively valued.