Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.Job Description
Our Energy Transition team within Renewables are seeking graduates to join within the Bristol/Edinburgh and Glasgow office from June 24 onwards.Responsibilities Include
- Supporting the delivery of consultancy services on renewable and energy transition engineering projects.
- Providing input into feasibility level studies for renewable energy and energy transition projects in conjunction with the wider AECOM teams.
- Collation and processing of project data from a wide variety of sources.
- Preparation of technical reports.
- Preparation of detailed design information
- Assisting in securing work with renewable energy and energy transition developers and their supply chain
Our Graduate Development Programme (ADVANCE) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our GDP forms a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have more than 750 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland from more than 40 different disciplines, each making a tangible difference to the environment in which we live and work.
We shall provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including Chartership with the relevant international professional institution (we have graduates working towards more than 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland). We shall push you to achieve the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support and guide your development, and you will take regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job technical development and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.Qualifications
- BEng Chemical, Mechanical or Process Engineering degree
- MSc/MEng would be an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to continued education and improvement through participating in our approved training schemes.
- Demonstrable interest in a career in renewable energy, energy transition and decarbonization
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing with the confidence to engage with a variety of people (clients, colleagues, stakeholders and sub-contractors alike) and the aptitude to rationally explain, explore and discuss technical issues and capture feedback.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team as a whole.
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus.
- Masters/Post graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline – e.g., Renewable Energy, Chemical, Mechanical or Process Engineering
- Some familiarity with simulation software, CAD (Computer Aided Design) and ArcGIS would be beneficial.
- Work experience in the renewable energy, energy transition or related field (e.g., working for either a power developer, equipment manufacturer, or consultant)
- Driving licence – some travel to site may be required
- Student member of an appropriate professional institution
- Working ability in a second language and/or relevant work experience outside the UK
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible since CVs will be reviewed, and candidates selected on a rolling recruitment basis for advanced offer starts.
Please include a covering letter with your application and provide all predicted and/or obtained academic grades.
You must have permanent right to work in the UK as we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position.About AECOM
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.ReqID:
DCSStrategic Business Unit:
Europe & IndiaCareer Area:
EngineeringWork Location Model: