We are breaking the boundaries and pushing our commitment to the EVTOL world by changing the way the world travels. Our mission is powered by pioneers and progress is our prerogative.
Here at Vertical, we are developing the UK’s first fully electric, vertical take-off and landing aircraft (eVTOL), the VX4. With zero-operating emissions. Vertical is transforming the way people travel by offering a faster, safer, and greener way to move.
More about the team you will be joining as a Battery Production Quality Engineer
The Quality team at Vertical is a diverse group of experienced specialists drawn from various industries. Our quality engineers enjoy a considerable degree of autonomy in their respective domains, fostering collaboration with their colleagues on critical tasks while taking the lead on their areas of responsibility. We actively promote a culture of ownership and encourage our entire staff to challenge conventional norms. Together, we are cultivating a team known for its remarkable ingenuity, capable of effectively navigating the intricate challenges we encounter daily.
My Impact as a Battery Production Quality Engineer
Our objective is to obtain certification for batteries as the primary power source for the VX4 aircraft. In this audacious endeavor, the pivotal role of the quality engineer in the production process cannot be overstated. You will play a fundamental part in guaranteeing that the rigorous standards are not only met but surpassed. It is imperative that this position is occupied by an individual who possesses an unwavering passion for manufacturing and an unquenchable thirst for tackling the most complex of problems.
What success will look like for the Battery Production Quality Engineer
- Collaborate with the Energy Storage team on creation of documented information, controlling processes to support working activities (e.g. manufacturing processes, SOP’s, forms),
- Utilising quality tools (APQP, FMEA (D/P), control plans, FAIRs, process flows, cost of quality)
- Develop control plans and supporting inspection procedures, in accordance with APQP requirement(s),
- Monitor nonconformity register and ensure mitigation plans are in place to close off actions, where necessary,
- Conduct and coordinate root cause analysis activities (using 5 Whys, 8D etc),
- Monitor suppliers and sub-contractors with regards to quality assurance and quality control,
- Control the Quarantine store within the Energy Storage facility,
- Maintain equipment calibration schedule and records for Energy Storage,
Everything sounds very interesting but how do I know this is the role for me?
We are looking for people that will have the following qualifications and experiences:
- 3+ Years in quality assurance/control
- 5+ years working within a defined quality management system
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- Experience in the assembly of electrical systems (preferably experience with hazardous voltage)
- Lead auditor trained in an ISO standard (9100/16949/9001)
- BEng or BSc in an engineering discipline is preferred
Why work with us?
For us, it is important that people feel valued for the impact they have and are able to thrive and experience the career journey of a lifetime. Our overall approach to reward seeks to offer competitive packages that attract the diverse and talented people we need to achieve our ambitious objectives.
Our Ways of Working
In the UK we have two offices and a Battery facility in Bristol, an office in London and a site in Kemble with well stocked free kitchen provisions including hot drinks, fruit and breakfasts every weekday. Our typical full time working week is 37.5 hours. We recognise the world of work is rapidly evolving and that flexibility is important for us all to thrive. We want to support all employees to deliver their roles to the best possible standard by offering the right level of flexibility between our key sites and home where suitable for your role and its deliverables and our company goals. Typically, this is agreed with your team and people leader, ensuring there are times for collaboration and other activity on site and the ability to work more remotely from home as appropriate.Our Vertical Additional Benefits
- ‘Primary Benefits’ are available as standard, 5% Pension Match, 2 x Salary Life Insurance, Income Protection, 26 days + bank holiday and the opportunity for extra 5 days when getting married or forming a civil partnership
- ‘Flex Fund Benefits’ are benefits that don’t come as standard, but you can ‘pay’ for using a company provided ‘Flex Fund’ (equal to 4% of salary) Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, EV Car Subscription, Home EV Charger, Holiday Buy, Pension Top Up, and many more
- ‘Payroll benefits’ Workplace ISA, Commuter Loan, Interest Free Technology Loans
- ‘Extra benefits’ are the many benefits we offer that can be accessed through our rewards platform, incl. Discounted Shopping Scheme, Eye Care Benefits, Free Mortgage Advice, Financial and Comprehensive Wellness Benefits
- Eligibility to participate in our employee long-term-incentive plan
Do you like the look of this opportunity but not sure if you meet all the criteria we’ve outlined?
Here at Vertical, we are working to create an environment of growth, diversity and opportunities for people to take on challenges and push the status quo. We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure... we'd love to hear from you.
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.