Would you like to work at a green technology startup that is making a real difference to reducing CO2 emissions in the UK?
As our new Operations Manager you’ll lead the rollout of our game-changing through-pavement charging product across the UK. You’ll own the end-to-end ordering journey that makes it easier for people without driveways to move from petrol/diesel cars to electric, and ensure residents have a first class experience.
We only went live in February 2023 but already have coverage across the BBC, Sky News and ITV, and have quickly become recognised as a leader in the space.
If you’re looking to make the next move in your career and be part of something big we’d love to hear from you.
What we’re doing
At the moment many people without driveways are putting off getting an electric car because they can’t charge at home - we’ve created both hardware and software to solve this problem!
We’re building a hyper-local sharing network using domestic supplies. We build local authority partnerships and then install our patent pending through-pavement channel into the pavement outside residents homes so they can charge using their own supply.
Once set up they can share their charger with other residents on their street using our sharing app.
Your role - overview
Working closely with local authorities and installer partners, you will own the end-to-end ordering experience for residents - we’re building an online ordering platform to manage this and you’ll help ensure it provides a brilliant customer experience.
You’ll also build strategic partnerships with vehicle and charger manufacturers, and travel across the UK to help upskill installation teams.
We’re live in several cities with many more in the pipeline - now is the time to start scaling up - and that’s where you come in.
- Ensure the ordering journey provides an excellent and best-practice experience for residents, local authorities and installer partners.
- Build strong relationships with installation partners and upskill them so they have the confidence to deliver high quality installs.
- Own our customer service function - for both residential and business customers.
- Support our new local authority outreach programme to help establish new council partnerships.
- Build strategic partnerships with charger manufacturers and vehicle manufacturers - help them make their product available to the 40% of UK households that don’t have a driveway.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Strong organisational skills - you should be able to systematically manage thousands of customers orders, and our network of local authorities and contractors across the UK
- Ability to continuously improve our online ordering journey.
- A startup mindset - demonstrable interest in the latest best practices for this role, and more broadly about what makes a startup successful.
- Versatility -we’re a startup so you’ll need to be happy to get involved in work outside of your core job description from time to time.
Desirable but not essential
- Experience driving an EV! But don’t worry if you haven’t (or don’t have a driving license) - we’ll get you access to one for a long weekend 🙂.
Remuneration and working arrangements
- £35k - £40k + equity.
- 26 days holiday + bank holidays + free time off between Christmas & New Year
- We’re a sociable bunch and value time together as well as working from home. Our office is in Blackhorse Road, London, E17 and we’ll be there 2 - 3 days per week but are always flexible to everyone’s own needs.