Help us make a big green dent in the universe.
We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy Services is a tech driven business that is spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and EV chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond.
We deliver smart energy, low carbon solutions for our customers and we’ve fallen head-over-heels in love with heat pumps - which provide an ultra-efficient, reliable alternative to replace dirty gas boilers that contribute 14% of the UK’s CO2 emissions.
We're on the lookout for a Data Analyst to join our team,
working collaboratively with our Leadership Team to provide the killer data insight required to give us an edge.This role can be based in either our Brighton office.
What You'll Do
What You'll Need
- Be a pivotal member of our high-performing team, driving and tracking business performance via a rigorous data-driven approach, interpreting KPIs and providing executive recommendations.
- Assist our leaders with performance management, steering smart growth and customer strategies, pipeline analysis, and sales dashboard optimization.
- Drive improvements in our sales process, measure campaign effectiveness and work cross-functionally to establish reporting and process standards
- Your outputs will range from robust analytic models, custom performance analysis and the packaging of findings into decision ready insight.
- You will build tools that can be 'self-serve' for team members with frequently-repeated questions.
- You will also set the agenda and lead improvements in how Octopus accesses, stores, analyses, displays, and uses data
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an analytical discipline such as engineering, science, economics or computer science.
- Strong data analysis and logical reasoning skills
- Ability to balance priorities and work productively in a fast paced environment
- Proven self-starter behaviour: Curious, innovative, problem solving and autonomous
- Have an accomplished skillset in Excel, DataLake and ability to build and maintain reports and dashboards using BI tools such as Tableau
- A high level of data literacy and numeracy skills
- The capacity to make sense of lots of data and shape it into a coherent story
- Beneficial (not essential) to also have experience in Low Carbon Technologies such as Heat Pumps and Solar Panels.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.