Wood is recruiting for a Graduate Digital Solutions Engineer to support the introduction and development of digital technology solutions as part of our asset optimisation and integrity management service within the Consulting part of the business.
We are looking for dynamic, versatile individuals with a desire to support fast moving projects in a variety of integrity applications across a range of engineering sectors, including but not limited to conventional oil & gas, energy transition and renewable energy markets, petro-chemicals and utilities. Our projects currently include hydrogen, carbon capture, renewable and conventional energies, with a continuous focus on delivery and client satisfaction.
Supporting global energy transition through decarbonisation and green energies is a key part of our plans and we expect to see significant growth in these sectors, while at the same time meeting commitments to existing hydrocarbon development infrastructure. In addition, Wood supports a wide range of industries to ensure the ongoing integrity of their plant and equipment.
Wood is committed to the implementation of the latest digital technologies to the energy environment and is looking for the next generation of engineers with both the skills and imagination to realise this ambition.
Our graduate engineer will assist senior engineers and subject matter experts to develop and deliver digital software based solutions to optimise engineering workflows, make use of data analytics to develop robust systems for our clients, providing them with bespoke solutions to solve their engineering and operational challenges.Join a culture of innovation,
pushing the boundaries of what is possible to seek the best solutions for our clients.Required
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to engage and work directly with our clients, gaining valuable experience from working directly on engineering projects with supplementary training provided to enhance and develop their key skills. In this role, the candidate will be required to:
Key Elements Of The Graduate Programme
- Apply digital technologies and data analysis techniques to engineering condition assessments
- Assist with in-house development of tools & programs
- Be involved in project planning, expediting and execution
- Understand and be capable of writing reports to a high standard
- Participate in internal workshops and training lectures
- Become familiar with Wood’s systems and software
Early Careers Network
- Access to a wealth of technical and personal development resources and opportunities
- Support throughout your career; you will be assigned a “buddy”, mentor (Chartered Engineer) and departmental manager to ensure your professional development is achieved in order to gain Chartered Engineer status
- Where available, opportunities for placements, site visits in the UK and overseas and rotations into other relevant disciplines to enhance your knowledge and experience in order to become a well-rounded Engineer
- Competitive salary
- Pluralsight Subscription
- Access to a range of excellent employee benefits including:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Give as you earn scheme
- Generous holiday allowance plus extra days purchase option
- Travel and private medical insurance
- Pension and life assurance
- Shares option
You will have access to the Early Careers Network that brings together young professionals and offers continuing professional development opportunities.Early Careers Network Activities Include
- Networking opportunities
- Organised social events
- Lunch and learn sessions
- Technical and soft skills training
- Participation in STEM events
- Access to Wood’s Global Developing Professionals Network
Watch this video to learn more about Early Careers at Wood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixsObyLi200Application Process and deadlines
- Upload your CV and enter your details to our recruitment system via the link on the advert
- Closing date for all applications will be Friday 10th November
- We will review applications in November
- We will then be holding screening calls throughout November / December with those candidates that fit the criteria below
- Shortlisted candidates will receive invitations to assessment centres and/or interviews in January
- Assessments will take place in February depending on location and discipline
- Graduate engineer with a minimum 2:1 Bachelor’s degree in a Computing / Technical field or a Master’s degree from a recognised university in a relevant subject.
- Demonstrable skills that show an understanding of digital data analysis techniques
- Competency in programming languages, preferably C#, Python, Java.
- Preference will be given to graduates with previous appropriate industry experience gained before, during or after their university courses
- Demonstrate initiative, tenacity and excellent communication skills
- Possess an ability to learn quickly and be adaptable and flexible to match business requirements
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments
- Must have the right to work in the UK
- Wood has a number of offices located throughout the UK and flexibility in working location is offered, with hybrid office/home working and remote working solutions available.